Saturday, June 18, 2011

Make A Wish

This week's colour combo for The Colour Dare is Elegant Eggplant, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz and Sahara Sand.  I decided to carry on with my efforts to let my uninked stamps see the light of day and pulled out these Hero Arts flowers and a PTI sentiment.
I paper pieced the flowers and leaves and popped the centre flower up on Pop Dots (I love those things!).  I used the linen impression plate from PTI on the card base and I ran the leaves through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder (mimicking the dots on the flowers). I haven't used my Stickles in ages either so I put some purple Stickles in the centre of the flowers for a little shine.  Simple and pretty - a handy card for the stash!  

We have a long weekend this weekend.  Monday is National Heroes Day.  Unfortunately Monday is usually my day off so it's a normal few days for me but it will be nice to have hubby around for an extra day.  :)  Have a great weekend!  

13 comments:

Kim S said...

So sweet! I love the textures and dimension..it takes simple stamps and makes them fun and unique!

Lynn said...

Oh...love the pink and black paper...gives a nice dramatic effect! Gorgeous paper piecing!

Jenny said...

ooooh these really pop Jen, great paper piecing :)
Jenny x

Karen B. said...

Perfect choice for paper piecing these blooms! Beautiful card.

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous colours, Jen! Love, love, love.

Anonymous said...

Such an elegant card Jen! Great colours and depth!

Kim P said...

Wow! This is so striking!! Love the subtle textures! Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is fabulous! I soooo need to try this paper piecing thing! Hugs xxaxx

Kathryn said...

Hey hey... I like it! Very nice entry for the CD Jen. Well done :)
Hugs,
--Kathryn

Kim Ryden said...

Such a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Color Dare this week!

jjcreations said...

What a wonderful card - these flowers are wonderful. They're soft and bold at the same time. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare this week.

Kim S said...

Way to go on the shout out on Color Dare!

Kathryn said...

Hi again Jen. Just wanted to say congrats on your color dare win :) I was rooting for you :)
Have a great day,
--Kathryn