Monday, June 13, 2011

Hope Your Day Is Sweet

I figured I wouldn't be able to play along with this month's Unity challenge - Tooty Fruity - as I didn't think I had any fruit images in my small (but growing!) Unity collection. However, I received All You Need  (KOM Aug 2010) in the mail just in time to play along!  
The KOM included this cute cherry image which I paper pieced and paired with a sentiment from Just You (KOM March 2011).  I considered adding other things - a frame, some sparkle - but in the end I liked the simplicity of it and left it as is.  Sweet and simple!


We finally got rain today!  Whoo hoo!  It was so exciting to wake up to the sound of rain trickling into the tank.  I don't think it actually added a ton to our water supply (it was mostly a steady drizzle) but if nothing else it will hopefully help to revive our poor garden. We're forecast to get a bit more rain in the next few days so let's hope they're right for once!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a cutie patootie card:)

Karen B. said...

Such a lovely clean and simple creation. Sigh.

Lynn said...

CAS happiness! I love this Jen!

Brandi said...

This is oh so cute!

Emily Leiphart said...

It's perfect, Jen! I love a clean and simple card, especially on kraft!! Yay for much needed rain!

Jenny said...

I'm so glad you left it as it is...just perfect, I'm in love with this card :)
Sounds like you need to do a rain dance too :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Super CAS and Super sweet!! Love it! (I'm always a sucker for CAS)

Lisa H. said...

fabulous!

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love this Jen - you're were so right not to add anything else! The paper pieced cherries are gorgeous! Vx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You know ... I have never done paper piecing!!! Go figure!!! Must give it a go! Hugs xxaxx

Amber said...

This is totally my kind of card! I love it. The paper piecing is perfect!