Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Three for the Price of One




CAS-ual Fridays sure knows how to mix it up with their challenges!  This week we were given a tick tack toe board and had to chose one row to inspire a card.  I went with the bottom row - buttons, flowers and twine.  
I came up with my idea pretty quickly.  I have a ton of these confetti card blanks and a lot of the confetti is red and turquoise so I thought they would work with my colour scheme.  I used a large Hero Arts cling stamp and a big button from my stash.  The twine is from a kite that crash landed in our yard on Good Friday.  The owner retrieved their kite but left the string and I've been making use of it ever since!  :)  Anyway, I liked the bare flower on the card but I wondered what it would look like if I added some colour to it.  I thought I'd try adding the twine colour to the flower first.
Meh.  Interesting but I didn't love it so I made another one and tried adding red to the flower.  
I definitely like it better than the twine coloured flower even though it looks a bit candy cane-ish.  I'm actually kind of torn now between the first and third cards.  What do you think?

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

perfect...love the story behind the upcycled twine:)

Patrice said...

Ooooh...I like them all!

Karen B. said...

Oh I love the first one the best, its simply stated and beautiful, but they all are great! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Gorgeous CAS design, the first is best..left uncoloured. Great recycling the string too :)
Jenny x

Emily Leiphart said...

WOW, what a perfect take on that challenge, Jen! I definitely love the first one best!

Deborah Frings said...

For me - it's the first card - I do like the simplicity of the design. But the red is kind of fun too! Great cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

What awesome cards!!! tfs!

Lynn said...

Touch choices because I love CAS...but I think my favorite is the first!

Anonymous said...

I clicked on this cool card in CAS-ual Fridays & ended up on this wonderful website! Love your CAS design, great colours & such a fabulous flower!

Anonymous said...

I clicked on this cool card in CAS-ual Fridays & ended up on this wonderful website! Love your CAS design, great colours & such a fabulous flower!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the first one as it is. I do like the red one too but would be inclined to put it on some kind of tropical background! Vx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

These are so eye catching, Jen! I think I like the 1st one the best ... but all are delumptious. Hugs xxaxx

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I love them all, but am probably partial to the first one. It's clean and crisp and that button is perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!

Laura Davis said...

I love them all!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura