Thursday, September 11, 2014

Retro Runway


Hi there!  I've got a card for two challenges today - RetroSketches and Runway Inspired.  I love the simplicity and versatility of this sketch and I have a feeling I'll be using it again.  I took my colours and patterns from the Runway outfit.  I love how the bright flowers pop against the black and white suit.  I used my PTI houndstooth stamp for the first time and was surprised at how easy it was to line up.  I had avoided using it for ages because I didn't think I'd be able to make it look seamless.  Guess I should have tried sooner instead of letting it collect dust.  And speaking of dusty things, that's a velvet brad in the middle of the flower which I'm sure has been in the Craft Cave for at least 7 years! Whoop whoop for using stash!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Concord Crush, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Lakeside 6x6) Pebbles
Stamps:  (Background Basics: Houndstooth) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Cake & Candles) Avery Elle
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Big Bloom) Paper Smooches
Brad:  Crate Paper 

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Holy moly...you stamped the background? That is amazing! Love the funky feel your card Jen.

Lindsey said...

Your background is seamless indeed... could be patterned paper! That it is stamped is much more fun, though. And the flower adds just the right pop!

Bobby said...

That background is stupendous. Not only aligned but the ink is perfectly even. Great job, Jen.

Joyce said...

Wow, your background truly looks like patterned paper, and I just love your big flower.

Kelly Latevola said...

See?! You are one of those designers I was talking about who can rock multiple patterns flawlessly! Beautiful card Jen :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow!! You've knocked this one right out of the park! Love the way you combined all of those lovely patterns - that's tough to do, and you pulled it off perfectly! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge - we're so glad you did!

Tracey McNeely said...

I am amazed that you stamped that background--gorgeous! Lining up is all you baby, I cannot do it! Love this card!

lostinpaper said...

The houndstooth background is super funky and perfect for the inspiration!