Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thanks, Teacher



Another yummy colour palette from Arielle this week over at ColourQ - not to mention the cool, graphic inspiration picture!  I tried a few different graphic ideas that didn't really cooperate with me so in the end I went with this idea for a teacher thank you card.  I love stamping in VersaMark (and not embossing) to create backgrounds.  Simple but effective.  


I went to yoga this morning which I'm very proud about.  I'm not normally one to stick with exercise routines but I've been going to boot camp on Tuesday nights and yoga on Saturday mornings for a few weeks now.  I'm actually enjoying both as they are small groups and the instructor is lovely while still kicking our butts!  It's exciting to finally be sticking to something.  Long may it continue!  :)

Cardstock:  (Black) Bazzill, (White) Pacon, (Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from School Time) PTI
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Punches:  Corner punch) Marvy Uchida, (1/8: hole punch) McGill

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great teacher card.

Darnell said...

Such a clever card, Jen, as always! Good for you re the exercise! I'm doing Curves and Zumba, after (*&*^ mumble) years, and it's not easy, so I wish you the best in being diligent at keeping it up at your age. You'll be glad you did!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is an awesome teacher card and I like the background you created!

lostinpaper said...

I've never tried 'boot camp', sounds too scary for me Jen! Glad you're enjoying the exercise, you could try Zumba.... it's hilarious!
ps FAB card!

Sylvia said...

Awesome card, Jen, boy I wish I could get the sentiments that straight on the lines and evenly stamped! Love your card. Glad you are enjoying your exercise! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card!

Christine Blain said...

Great, clean, card Jen! Love the way you've used the colours, and I too really like the Versamark-stamped background.

kasia c. said...

Love that versamark apple stamped background!! You rocked these bright colours. :)

Way to go with sticking to your yoga & bootcamp!! My hubby & I started a bootcamp 2 weeks ago and are loving it. I don't want to go beforehand but when I'm done it always feels so good. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Love the apple background! I've got to start getting on to some teacher thanks for the end of the year...it'll be here before I know it.
Good for you sticking with the exercise! I've been sticking with Zumba since Jan, and have made it up to 3-4 classes a week, so I know the feeling of pride at NOT QUITTING! It feels even better once you start seeing the difference in your body.

Lynn said...

You go girl on going to yoga...awesome! I love hearing about success!

Your card is so cute...love the cheery color combo!

Christina said...

Love how you combined these colors for a teacher thank you! The background stamping looks awesome, and I love the repeated sentiment. Thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ!

Way to go on sticking with the boot camp and yoga! I haven't been to yoga for years but they offer it for free to employees on Tuesday where I work, so I've got to work it into my schedule again. I always feel so good when I do it!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

way to go with the yoga, i have to find some beginner classes soon as part of the rehab ... i'll be looking for a very small class! polly and i adore this card, it's amazing, the background is so cute and perfect, not too much to take away from the card xx

Karen B. said...

Love this fun card, and I keep thinking about how much my oldest boys' teacher would appreciate it!

Lindsey said...

Great card! I forget sometimes the effectiveness of repeating a stamp, as you've done here. Way to go on the fitness commitment!

~amy~ said...

fun card...love the apple background! Good for you for keeping up with an exercise schedule!

Jenny said...

Yoga...tires me out thinking about it!! Would never work, I'd find it too funny :0)

Love your spin on the colours, those stamps are cute :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Arana said...

oh, now that is scary. I just sketched out a card so similar to this but for a different theme. no wonder I just LOVE what you do. this is fabulous.