Tuesday, March 10, 2015

CASology #137


Welcome to Week 137 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:



I've been wanting to use this cute little crab from Lawn Fawn for ages and today's cue word gave me a good excuse.  I had to pair him with a palm tree and a beach though because crustaceans on their own aren't necessarily tropical (Alaskan King Crab anyone?).  I figured he could use a nice strip of washi tape sand to cool out on while he made his apology.  :)  Now it's your turn to share with us where tropical thoughts take you.  Be sure to check out the gorgeous design team creations and then play along!






And this week's guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Crab & sentiment from Life Is Good) Lawn Fawn, (Coconuts from Let's Chill) Hero Arts
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Swaying Palm) Memory Box
Washi Tape:  Stampin' Up

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

Who could resist that cute little smiley crab? Adorable!

I Card Everyone said...

Love this card, Jen... but it is a little difficult believing you have ever been crabby!
=] Michele

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

how CUTE is this!!

Kara Lynne said...

That little crab is so adorable! So is the washi sand and palm tree with little coconuts! Wonderful, tropical apology!

Shelly said...

Aww...too cute!

cm said...

Such a sweet crab...apologies would be accepted with a darling card like this!
~c

Joyce said...

Adorable crab, and like how you grounded him with that yellow gingham.

Lindsey said...

Cute! I really like his washi tape beach.

Tracey McNeely said...

Don't you love this set and I love the palm tree die Jen, I remember you using it before. I cannot imagine you ever crabby--sweet card!

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I love all your primary colors and perfectly balanced layout! An adorable little crab! :)

francesca said...

cute card!! :)

Unknown said...

Gosh Jen! I didn't realise that was washi tape!! What a great way to use it! I love this stamp set, and am surprised that I haven't used it with that sentiment nearly enough. I could certainly hand a few around to my long-sufferings, being little miss sunshine and all...!!! 😉

wienerhoneymooners said...

Hello Jen!! I am late making rounds, just getting over the stomach bug this week, finially Sunday and better, aint that how it goes? I adore your crabby card!!! What a sweet laugh!

Monika Reeck said...

That Mr Crabby is too cuuute for a words and that palm hehe you have a great CUT OUT JEN
I wish I have a die cut machine this is a cute and adorable palm I LUV IT and I love the color on your card complete with red yellow green brown and black...great CAS style
many thanks for your love for my Bikini card..I join too with Pineapple card...what do you think with that Jen..hugs, Monka

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!!! I wish I was near a palm tree right now. Great card.