Saturday, March 14, 2015

Birthday & Thanks


Luis was busy working in the yard today so after taking Atticus for a walk I snuck into the Craft Cave for a few hours.  I used to always listen to a live stream of BBC Radio 1 while I worked on cards but they've recently changed something in their streaming that means I can't get it on any Mac products.  So annoying!  I dug out my mom's Chromebook and got it to work on there but the battery died within minutes and the charger is nowhere to be found.  *Sigh*  Thankfully I have lots of different podcasts saved up so I started listening to Serial.  Has anyone else listened to it?  I'd love to know what you think…  

Anyway once I had the background noise sorted out I got to work and made 5 cards for a number of different challenges.  I'm going to share two of them tonight.  The first is for Lesley Croghan's The Challenge.  I used both the colours and the sketch and lots of yummy My Mind's Eye papers.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Reunion 6x6) My Mind's Eye
Stamps:  (Sentiment from CL340) Hero Arts
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Meadow Bird) Memory Box, (Scribble Flower) Papertrey Ink, (Flag Tags) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections





The second card is for the PS Sparks Picture Perfect challenge.  I was inspired by the colours in the photo - smokey blue, lime green and grey.  I went pretty clean and simple with this card in contrast to the one above and I also used those zig zags for the first time.  It's always good to give some love to an NBUS product!  Okay that's it for me this evening.  Luis and Atticus are crashed out on the sofa snoring their heads off.  Time to go and tuck them both into bed I think! Hope you have a lovely evening!







Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Smokey slate) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Whale & sentiment from Surf & Turf, Zig zags from Tri-balation) Paper Smooches
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up, (Pool) Hero Arts
Gems:  Recollections
Marker:  (C-3) Copic

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Hey Jen. SO nice to see you! Love what you did with the colours and the sketch! The swirl in behind the bird is fantastic. Happy Saturday!
Lesley

Julia Aston said...

Two really great designs Jen! love that scrolly die and the pretty papers/colors on the first - and the whale card is adorable with the chevron waves!

Nance said...

Beautiful springtime card with that lovely spotted bird and scribble flower die! Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Challenge!

Nance said...

Ok, got egg on my face. You didn't play the Pink Elephant and I wasn't visiting for the Pink Elephant! Let me try again ---- Thank you for playing The Challenge! LOL Guess you can tell I've been double dutying my commenting! LOL

~amy~ said...

Oh, these are wonderful....I especially love that sweet whale card!

Lindsey said...

I like the way you think... crafting instead of helping with the yard work! My kinda person. :D Card 1 -- such a pretty way to use the colours and sketch! Card 2 -- I love the whale in his zigzaggy waves!

Bobby said...

Love the pattern paper behind the bird, Jen, and way to use your NBUS stamp on the whale card.

Kara Lynne said...

Your first card is a wonderful use of the sketch and colors! I love those papers. The little whale looks great in those chevrons! Again, a great take on the inspiration!

Jenny said...

You know, I have those zig zags un-inked too!!! Love how you used them for the sea and the perfect design for the colours too :)
Thanks for joining in the challenge at PS Sparks this week Jen :)
Jenny x

Joyce said...

Love both of these cards. Great way to use patterned papers in the first card, and your second one is just so stinkin' cute.

Lisa Petrella said...

This is so awesome, Jen!! Those zig zag waves rock!!!