Tuesday, March 17, 2015

CASology #138


Welcome to Week 138 of CASology!  Take a look a the cue word for this week:


Sometimes the simplest words give me the most trouble when it comes to this challenge.  You would think that blossom would be a snap because I have a million flower stamps but that's precisely the problem - way too much choice!  I finally managed to narrow down the selection and decided to use this NBUS Hero Arts flower.  I inked it up with Stampin' Write markers and then spritzed it with water before stamping it.  After I'd added the sentiment I felt like it needed a little something extra so I added the twine bow.  It gives the card some dimension and texture and also tiny bow just make me smile.  :)  And now it's your turn to make up smile with what I'm sure will be a gorgeous gallery of blossoming beauties!




And this week's guest designer:

Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

I'm also going to enter this card into the Paper Players CAS floral challenge.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Flower from CL548) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Botanical Silhouettes) Papertrey Ink
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Markers:  (Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up
Twine:  Darice

18 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Jen the whole thing makes me smile, including the tiny bow.. gorgeous water-colored look to your stamping. I may be in the same boat with this one - too, too many options!
=] Michele

Shelly said...

Simply, beautiful!

Ardyth said...

Love the pretty watercolour effect you achieved with the markers!

lostinpaper said...

Such an elegant sympathy card Jen, love the simplicity!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and eloquent sympathy card Jen. I hear you on the cues, I have so much trouble deciding which flowers to use.

Lisa Elton said...

Simple and sweet!!

Judy1223 said...

Tracey, this is a beautiful sympathy card, and the tiny bow is the perfect touch!

Kara Lynne said...

This CAS design is perfect for a sympathy card. I love that little bow detail!

Joyce said...

This is such a beautiful sympathy card, and I do love that little bow you added.

Lindsey said...

The tiny bow is just the right touch. :) Lovely sympathy card.

Unknown said...

I am going to CASE this Jen. Need to work out with which flower stamp I could use for it. This is such a lovely sympathy card. I agree with Lindsey above. That bow is just the right touch. Perfect!!

Happy Dance said...

Jen, this is beautiful. It's the perfect blend of sincerity and simplicity. As much as we don't like to make these kinds of cards, they are necessary. This one will bring comfort to whomever receives it. Really, really beautiful. Bev

Squirrel x said...

Hi Jen, I found my way here via Sid's blog and I am so glad I visited, wow your work is fabulous! I love your style. Have signed up to Follow. Hugs Squirrel x

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!! Such a wonderful sympathy card. I love the simplicity of your card with the small bow embellishment. Nicely done.

Monika Reeck said...

Hi Jen...I visiting again the DT cards ;) love your simplicity for this sympathy card its difficult to made but you made it perfectly...love that tiny flower and adorable sentiment you have..hope to see you again at my entry card :) hugs.Monika

laurie said...

So beautiful!

cm said...

Amazing how much joy and spirit-lifting your wee blossom creates, Jen...precisely what you want a sympathy card to do. Beautiful!
~c

wienerhoneymooners said...

I agree Jen, however you chose so wisely!!! Lovely and sweet!!