Sunday, March 1, 2015

Bright & Cheery Thank You


Hello hello!  After a day of non-stop rain yesterday it's cool, dry and breezy today. We took Atti for a good long walk and then Luis started puttering around in the yard while I headed for the Craft Cave.  This card came together really quickly.  I had been playing around with some embossing paste the other day and had embossed the yellow pattern on the card but then wasn't quite sure what to do with it so I put it aside. Thankfully the Colour Me challenge was kind enough to provide a colour palette that included Daffodil Delight so I pulled out the card and got to work.  The lined pattern in the Colour Me picture made me think of this My Cute Stamps flower.  The little butterfly was also in the set so I added him to the mix.  They're the perfect images for a bright and cheery card which is what the Paper Players are calling for in their Think Spring challenge so I'll be joining them as well. 

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower & butterfly from Celebrate Today) My Cute Stamps, (Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Daffodil Delight) Stampin' Up
Punch:  (1/8" circle punch) McGill
Stencil:  (Mini Well Rounded) The Crafter's Workshop
Embossing Paste:  Wendy Vecchi

17 comments:

Deepti said...

This is such a delightful and happy card! Love it :)

Lynn said...

Oh I love this bright cheery card. Need the lift up with all the snow on the ground here!

Angel Johns said...

This is such a cheerful clean and simple card! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen, just wanted to pop over to tell you that I really like your card!! Awesome job! :) Julia

lostinpaper said...

So bright and cheery Jen!

Lindsey said...

The entire card is awesome, but you know what pushes it (and you) into brilliance, I think? Knowing it needed those dots, and knowing exactly where to *randomly* put them. :)

Bobby said...

I love the layout and all the design elements on your card, Jen. Very bright and cheery.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a happy bright card!

laurie said...

Perfect for spring! I love the bright colors. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

Now THIS makes me happy!! After getting 7" of fresh snow today I am so ready to see what your card brings!! Happiness, brightness and warmth!!!

Creative Heart Designs said...

Yes, that is a bright and cheery thank you card! Beautiful and eye-catching. Love the bright flowers.

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

Unknown said...

Bright and sunny for sure! A winner no doubt :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! We would love for you to play along again soon!!!

Joyce said...

Love how bright and sunny this card is. Almost like a little collage, with the signature Jen white space around it.

Bananastamper said...

This is bright and cheery and stunning! Love your fun colour combo and mix of textures!
Thanks for visiting!
Shanna :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Splendid, gorgeous CAS! Thank you so much for playing with us at colour me...!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous card. I love the texture and the bright bold colors. Really reminds me that spring and summer are just around the corner. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jayde