Sunday, March 22, 2015

Four for Sunday


Another weekend is coming to a close without any more painting getting done. Luis and I are slowly working through the interior of the house and I mean SLOWLY!  LOL!  We had planned to paint the next room (we've only done 2 out of 7 so far) and put up some new bookshelves.  However, it was pouring all day on Saturday and after running around doing errands in the morning we arrived home damp and cold and not in the mood to do any work.  So instead we set up the sofa nest and watched more of Sons of Anarchy (only the last half of Season 6 to go!).  Today we swam Atticus and then Luis stained the wood for the shelves and I worked on cards.  We'll paint next week.  Maybe…

Anyway on to the cards!  I have 4 to share with you for 4 challenges.  First up is the card above which is based on the Freshly Made Sketches design.  I tried some watercoouring with Distress Inks here.  I'm pretty pleased with it for a first try and am actually looking forward to playing around a bit more with this technique.

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Ranger, (Sahara Sand) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flower & leaves from Freestyle Florals, Sentiment from Lovely Mums) Mama Elephant
Inks: (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey) Ranger
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Washi Tape - Crafty Basics
Gems:  Recollections



Next up is a card for the Muse challenge.  I love Marion's bright and cheery design!  I think my inspiration is pretty obvious.  the main difference is that I used dies to create my little scene instead of stamps and ink.  I also used stripes on my yellow background instead of spatter.








Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Stripe from Background Basics: Super Stripes) Papertrey Ink, (Sentimetn from Home Sweet Home) Avery Elle
Inks: (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Stitched Polaroid) Lil' Inker Designs, (Bird, house & leaves from Folk Art Florals) WPlus9



Now for a colour challenge from The Colour Throwdown.  I had never heard of Vera Bradley before a friend mentioned it to me in passing in late 2013.  Then just a few weeks later I was in Boston and stumbled upon a whole Vera Bradley store!  Funny how that works…  Anyway I've never been much of a pattern person but I thought a lot of the stuff in there was really bright and fun. As is this card I guess.  My pink is a lot darker than the one in the photo but it's there in the string and the stars.  





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Birthday tag) Neat & Tangled, (Balloons & string) Lil' Inker Designs



My final card is for the Colour Me… challenge and uses these new (to me) Paper Smooches glasses dies.  Actually I've done pretty well with the NBUS overall in this post as every card has at least one NBUS item on it!  (Takes away a bit of the guilt from making a few orders recently…).  That's it for me tonight.  Not sure if I'll have anything new tomorrow as I'm working on a few special orders including 20 receptionist themed Easter cards!!!  I don't ask, I just make 'em.  :)  Have a lovely evening!  





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (So Saffron, Marina Mist, Sahara Sand) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Ampersand from CL567) Hero Arts, (Sentiment from Big & Bold Wishes) Papertrey Ink
Inks: (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Glasses) Paper Smooches
Gems:  Recollections

22 comments:

Karen M said...

Amazing Cards Jen and I love all your gorgeous designs:) hugs xx

Susan Powell said...

You've been busy! They're all great but I especially love the first one!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your cards! So stylish! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Jen, what a terrific variety of designs and styles!! Really love your first card!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great post, Jen! Love the tone-on-tone stripe on your sweet Muse card. Painting should definitely wait for a warm, dry date when you can leave the windows open.

Moosisk said...

Great cards! I love the bright and cheerful colors on your "Muse" card. :D

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Wow, look at all these fabulous cards! Each one is awesome! My fave is the flower card. :) Thanks for joining us at Colour me!

Tammy Hershberger said...

All of your cards are darling! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Squirrel x said...

You've been busy! Everyone a winner hun, love them. Hugs xx

Lynn said...

Wow! Four absolutely fabulous cards. Love the deep rich colors on the first and the funky glasses on the last! Your day sounds perfect to me! Painting can definitely wait!

Ardyth said...

I love days like that - 4 cards!! Love, love, love, the yellow on yellow stripes for your Muse card - I have to remember that - so simple, but such impact! And your little scene is very cute! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

cm said...

Jen, WOW x 4 with this series you've shared! The balloons are fabulous; the bird house scene, darling; and the wedding card, so unique. Your flower though...oh my! A first go with distress inks and you've mastered them like a pro! Gorgeous colours, stunning colouring and a card that has me mega-watt smiling! Simply awesome!
~c

lostinpaper said...

All your cards are wonderful Jen, but it's that embossed flower that I just can't stop looking at, pinned!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous selection of cards, Jen ... cool and groovy glasses, sweet little bird house, fun balloons and such a stunning bloom ... it's just beautiful! Anita :)

Jen Brum said...

Great cards Jen! That flower is stunning! it stands out so nicely against the neutral background! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lindsey said...

"...damp and cold..." Jen, I just have to say, you really don't know from cold. :D Glad you were able to be so productive in the Craft Cave... all of these are great! Looking forward to seeing more distress watercolouring from you!

stampwithsandy said...

Maybe you didn't get any painting done, but you sure were busy in your craft room! What a great group of cards. Your his/ hers glasses for Colour Me are adorable, but I've got to say I'm kind of drawn to the floral, too! So glad you shared with us this week, Jen!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Jen you are so busy!!! Love all your creations, especially FMS!!!!! WW!

wienerhoneymooners said...

..............I meant WOW O WOW!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Four fabulous cards Jen! Lovely stamping on first and die cut creations on all!

I Card Everyone said...

Well how in the world did I miss this gorgeousness? Absolutely fantastic distress water-coloring on one of my favorite blooms; Gorgeous Muse card - congrats on the top three - and brilliant take on the Colour Me challenge - it totally stumped me this time!
=] Michele

Kim Heggins said...

Love all your amazing cards...each and everyone of them!