Monday, January 24, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge 65

I really love the colour palette from this week's Play Date Cafe challenge - nothing even vaguely Valentiney about it!  LOL!  
I decided to use it to make a  good-bye card.  Sadly, two of the vets at the veterinary clinic I work at are leaving at the end of the month.  They are a lovely couple who are fun, easygoing and so warm and caring with the animals.  They really will be missed by staff and clients alike.  They've also been big fans of my cards (I've made a few for each of them which I think they gave to each other!).  I found these fun orange and green images on K & Co's Happy Trails paper and I pulled out these cute lime green American Crafts arrows that I've had for about 2 years.  Hope they like the card, I just wish it wasn't a good-bye card...  

Card Blank: Handy Hippo; PP: K & Co Happy Trails, Basic Grey Ambrosia; Ink: SU Basic Grey, ColourBox Lime, Palette Orangerie; Other: American Crafts arrows, Nestabilities Small Labels die, Cosmo Cricket alphabet stickers

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Way to go on winning at Wee Memories...I'm sure it will be the first of many! Love those little letter stickers...I've almost bought some like those several times, but think I would lose my patience with them! Adore them on your card!

Fiona said...

What a clever idea for a good-bye card :) Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this wekk!

Michele Gross said...

I love your goodbye card especially since the arrows make it all go completely back around. Kind of makes it more of "until next time" which I really like since I'm not much on goodbye's ;) So glad you joined us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a great card - I'm sure they will love it. I think the arrows linking the images is a really super idea.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE the motion those arrows bring to your card, Jen! Thank you so much for playing with us, this week, in the Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I think your friends will love your amazing card - great use of arrows to show motion. Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe this week.

Libby Hickson said...

Such a nice card - sorry you have to say goodbye but this is a great card for it! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so sweet, Jen! I love the images and design of your card. It's always sad when wonderful friends move away! Hopefully you can keep in touch... with more cards they love. ;)

I'm feeling a little better but still struggling to get more sleep. Little by little, I'm working on it. Thanks so much for asking!