Wednesday, January 19, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday 37 - Sentiments

It's been getting steadily greyer, more dreary and humid (95% humidity - blerg!!) all afternoon and now the thunder has started.  The hounds and I got back from our walk just in time!  


Didn't get much time in the Card Cave today but managed to finish a card for One-Layer Wednesday's Sentiments Challenge.  The challenge this week is to make a card using more than one sentiment, no images and minimum embellishments.  Susan also suggested making use of the inside of the card - perhaps for that second sentiment.  I didn't realise quite how many sentiments I had until I started digging around - they seem to multiply like rabbits in my stamp drawers!  :)  I decided to CASE Susan's card in that I used 1 sentiment in a number of different fonts, sizes and colours but I also added a little something inside the card:

A little cheesy but I like it.  :)

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

LOVE the pun! Great card.

Deborah Frings said...

So do I!! It made me smile. Super card!!

Lynn said...

Very fun...love that inside sentiment!

nancy said...

This is clever AND adorable.

kasia c. said...

Super cute! I love the "pile" of love you created. :)

Chrissie said...

Very clever, very amusing, very sweet, very adorable!
Love it!
Chrissie

Stempelomi said...

great idea,wonderful card!

Beate

Deborah Frings said...

Just a quick note to say thanks for your lovely comment on my grunge card - it's for my son - hope he thinks it's cool!! :) Glad you enjoy my blog.

I love all your photos - the jellyfish pictures are amazing!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is awesome, Jen! I love the way the 'heap' of love on the front corresponds with the inside sentiment.

I'd love to have some of that humidity and I've planted the idea of a trip to Bermuda in hubby's head! ;)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, what a clever idea to create a heap. The layout is crisp and even, nice job.

Jennifer said...

Cute and clever! Love it!

Susan said...

Love it! Stamping in red was so perfect...makes me think of valentines day.

joanne wardle said...

ooo that's clever!!! I love it

Lisa Petrella said...

Super cute card! And I LOVE the sentiment inside!!! So clever!

Carol said...

This is a fun and cute, cute card! The 'heaps of love' sentiment just takes the cake!