Saturday, January 8, 2011

Card Positioning Systems, Moxie Fab & Stamptacular Sunday


3rd Post of the Day! - Please scroll to end of this post for improved card photo!                                                                                                                              


I'm entering this card in 3 challenges: Card Positioning Systems #199, Moxie Fab's Tuesday Trigger , and Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #92.  SSC92 is a photo inspired challenge but I can't seem to get the photo to follow me home to my post!  You can check it out on the link above.  I turned the CPS sketch 90 degrees to the left.

Supplies:  Card Blank: Handy Hippo; Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, glitter vellum; Stamp: Rubber Stampede Scribble Heart; Punches: Woodware grass punch, Marianne Designs flower punch; Other: Martha Stewart glue pad & Crystal Fine glitter, Stickles Frosted Lace, Basic Grey gems, Nestabilities Lacey Circles, tulle, pearl button
I know it's stretching it a bit for the CPS sketch but that's half the fun isn't it?  ;)  I busted out all sorts of odds and ends for this one - shimmery paper, vellum, punches, a stamp, bling, glitter a button and some tulle.  I had the wreath idea when I started and was originally going to have some branches make the upper part of the shape from the CPS sketch.  Then I started playing with the tulle and thought it looked like a veil so I went with it.  I really had fun with this and am still rather glittery (as are the hounds - Jem's nose is particularly sparkly!).

P.S. Spent ages on Photoshop improving the quality of the picture.  Finally got a result I was pretty pleased with and blogger won't let me upload it!!  It keeps saying "Server Rejected".  What the heck is that all about??  Will have to use the dark and dingy pic I guess...

UPDATE!
Photoshop Success!

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Oh, about the blogger? Did you try to reduce your file size after altering it in Photoshop? Sometimes I have to do that, usually to 480 x640 pixels or somewhere around there?

Jen W. said...

Thanks, Karen! I found an option that said "Save for the web" and that seemed to do the trick. Whoo hoo! There may be hope for my photos yet! :)

Graphicat said...

I love that shimmery paper you've used here! Gorgeous!
So glad you joined us at Stamptacular!
Cheers
Cheri

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love all the white on white!

Betty Wright said...

Great look with the punch frame detailing! Beautifully inspired creation! Thanks so much for playing Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous, Jen! I love your 'wreath bride'! The different textures and shine are fabulous.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the different tones of white! Thanks for joining us at CPS! ♥♥♥

Sue Lelli said...

This is so GORGEOUS and I LOVE the veil effect! Great take on the Tuesday Trigger. PS I want to come craft with you in Bermuda! We haven't been there since the Marriott was a Marriott! Too long!

Janelle said...

Definitely veil-like... very pretty card!

Laurie said...

So pretty! Love the shimmery paper!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jen! Another pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks again for joining us! :)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

How pretty! The veil is a cute idea :)