Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ColourQ #68 & Mojo Monday #174

**2nd Post of the Day**




Another 2-for-1 challenge today as I'm entering the following card in ColourQ's and Mojo Monday's challenges.  
Supplies: Card Blank: Handy Hippo, Cardstock: SU Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, So Saffron & Always Artichoke; Stamps: Penny Black image & Hero Arts sentiment; Ink: SU Poppy Parade, Memento Black; Copics: R17, R59, Y21, YG63, YG91; Other: Woodware flower punches, Nestabilties Standard Circles Large & Lacey Circles, EK Success fibres, Doodlebug bling





When I saw Always Artichoke I immediately thought of frogs (weird, I know) so I dug out these Penny Black stamps and decided to practice a little colouring with my Copics.  Once I had finished it and put it together I thought, "Darn it!!  I should have embossed the Artichoke paper."  (And maybe the Cherry Cobbler too...)  I seem to be doing this a lot lately.  Embossing has not been crossing my mind until the card is all put together and  it is too late.  Perhaps I need to line my embossing folders up on my desk so they're right in front of me and don't get forgotten!  Or maybe I need something like this awesome sign made by Karen B to hang over my desk - only mine will say Emboss!

11 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love this, Jen. When I see green and red I think flowers and leaves. I can never do too many flowers!I like it that you saw this frog! Lovely card(too cute) and a wonderful design! Great job with the colors!

Sylvia said...

I forgot to thank you for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Karen B. said...

Oh my, this is a lovely rendition of both the colors and the layout. It comes across so soft and soothing, even with that cute little frog!

Lynn said...

Your copic coloring is amazing! I have not bought any yet...love your card!

Unknown said...

Heehee! What a great card, Jen! This stamp is priceless & the overall design is GREAT here as well:) Thanks so much for playing at colourQ!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Jen! Way to combine two challenges! I love your shading on that frog!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a fun card - do like frogs!! These challenges really work together.

Suzanne Bier said...

What a fun card! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ this week!

Theresa Rafter said...

Love it Jen, love the frog, he is so cute

Susan Hogan said...

He is a great frog - I love 'em! It's a great card as well.

Christina said...

Super cute card, Jen! This image is perfect for the color combo, and I love the addition of the extra flowers. Thanks for playing at the ColourQ this week!