Friday, January 21, 2011

Curtain Call Colour Challenge: Act 65

**2nd Post of the Day**
Another challenge card.  This is for the Curtain Call Colour Challenge Act 65.  I'm so glad that I finally got some Stampin' Up paper and inks so I could play along with these challenges.  I love the colour combos and I love the names of the colours too!  I always thought it would be a fun job to sit around coming up with colour names.  Part of the fun of looking at paint samples is just to see the names!  :)  Yes, yes, I'm a bit dorky...  Anyway, onto the card...

I am in love with these butterflies from Papertry Ink.  I love the designs and can see them making a lot more appearances in my cards.  In terms of layout,  as usual I was focused on the images and didn't really consider a sentiment or where to put it.  I thought a little something in the middle might work.  I stamped a sentiment in black in onto white paper but it looked pretty blah.  I thought of outlining the sentiment with one of the colours but couldn't settle on which one.  Then I made the sentiment using all 4 colours - sentiment stamped in blue on green paper, matted onto red with a spot of orange in the centre.  

Supplies: Cardstock: SU Whisper White, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point; Stamps: Papertry Ink butterflies & Hero Arts sentiment; Ink: SU Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point  
Not sure I like this either but I feel like it needs something in the centre.  I'm sure I will continue to dither over this one for a while...

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...I love the butterflies too...and the colors of the challenge are gorgeous. I think I like the first one better. It doesn't need a sentiment, but could you put one on the bottom right hand corner in black on top of the blue butterfly?

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful! I love those butterflies in different colours and I do like the circular sentiment in the centre!

Deborah Frings said...

I absolutely adore this card, strong colours and fabulous stamps. Just stunning!!! I agree that placing a senitment on this is going to be tough! I like it with and without.

And thanks so much for your comment on my OLW37 cards - this is a super challenge, and I think I have a few more ideas!

Kim S said...

LOVE your use of these butterflies! I have the set and am definitely saving your card to my files for a CASE! Thanks for the idea.

The sentiment IS tough because the butteflies are so busy and bold it might got lost on top. The center circle works. Another thing that would be fun (in retrospect) - is making the bottom butterfly like a mini card so that it opens and the sentiment is underneath!! Then your fun layout of butterflies stays as is!

Pamela Lash said...

I love butterflies and you did the trick with this one! TFS! I just became a follower and would love if you follow me too!

Mama LoveBug from LoveBug Creations
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Courtney Baker said...

Oh very pretty! I love the use of color!