Monday, April 12, 2021

Hapbee Birthday


Today's card is for the Fusion challenge where I was inspired by both the photo and the sketch (although I went for a landscape instead of portrait orientation).  I paired this Paper Smooches bumble bee (from their first release I think!) with a more recent sentiment and gave him an Essentials by Ellen hat.  The hexagons are from a Papertrey Ink cover plate.  It came together pretty quickly and because I wasn't sure about the blue "honeycomb" I made a second card using yellow.  Which do you prefer?


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Bee from Giddy Bugs, Sentiment from Courteous Cuties 2) Paper Smooches, (Hat from Bear Ware) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Hexagon cover plate) Papertrey Ink, (Flag)) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (Y15, BG23) Copic
Other:  (Nuvo English Mustard Crystal Drops) Tonic

1 comment:

Claire Grantham said...

Hahahaha, hello girlfriend!! I love that you made x2 colourways of this fun card and that punny sentiment is 100% my jam! Great way to use the theme. I actually love the blue honeycomb. Thanks for joining us at Fusion this time. Claire xxx