Friday, May 1, 2020

Patterned Birthday


Today's card is for two challenges - CAS Colours & Sketches (sketch) and Time Out (photo inspiration).  I was inspired by the mixture of patterns in the Time Out photo so I pulled out some My Mind's Eye papers and spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to decide which ones to put together.  I used a Simon Says Stamp sentiment and layered one with vellum and one with cardstock (to make the yellow from the patterned paper pop).  I usually dither about which design I like best but I think this time the vellum sentiment is definitely the winner for me.  How about you?





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (More Mustard, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (SLost & Found 3 6x6) My Mind's Eye
Die:  (Scripty Happy Birthday) Simon Says Stamp
Other:  (Nuvo English Mustard & Ebony Black Crystal Drops) Tonic

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Two pretty cards! I am glad you tried both color combos! The patterned paper is pretty and I like both the vellum and the yellow background for the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Wei said...

Great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

samantha's cards said...

What a lovely card, thanks for playing along with us at CC&S.

Bobby said...

That paper looks familiar. Wait! I have the very same one. I've been trying to use more patterned papers on my cards. I love what you did with it, Jen, so I may make a card using it too.