Monday, November 20, 2017

Kitty & Poinsettias


Good morning and happy Monday!

I've got two cards to share today.  The first is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch challenge.  The stamps are from three different sets but they all work perfectly together.  During the most recent Ellen Hutson die sale I broke down and bought matching dies for almost all of my MFT cat and dog stamps.  I've generally resisted buying matching dies since I figure I can fussy cut the images and use that money for other goodies but given how often I use these stamps I decided it was a worthwhile investment.  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Lucky Limeade, Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cat & speech bubble from I Knead You, Heart from Umbrella, Sentiment from Smitten Kitten) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko, (Calypso Coral) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Stitched Square Scallop Edge Frame, Fishtail Flag Frames, Cat, Speech Bubble) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (RV10, C1, C3, C5) Copic
Gems:  Recollections



Next is a card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I broke out my Brushos again and created some inked papers.  I then stamped and die cut the Essentials by Ellen images from those papers and popped them up on foam tape.  I sprinkled some gems around the sentiment and added some Buttercup Liquid Pearls to the flower centres.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Watercolor) Ranger
Stamps:  (All from Mistletoe & Holly) Essentials by Ellen
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Dies:  (Mistletoe & Holly) Essentials by Ellen
Paint:  (Terracotta, Alizarin Crimson, Brilliant Red, Lime Green, Sea Green Brushos) Colourcraft
Other:  (Buttercup Liquid Pearls) Ranger
Gems:  Recollections

10 comments:

lostinpaper said...

These are fabulous Jen, loving that sweet little dream heart kitty and those poinsettias are divine!!

Kim S said...

That kitty peeking over the frame made me chuckle!! (That stamp set has been on my wishlist for quite awhile - I'm going to have to break down and do it so I can copy you!) And I love the way you framed your Christmas sentiment with those bold poinsettias. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What gorgeous poinsettias ! Love that beautiful spirit of Christmas on your card. Thanks so much for sharing it at Freshly Made Sketches.

Shelly said...

Your kitty card is sooo cute! And your poinsettia card...simply, beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I'd love to 'hang out' with that sweet little fur-ball! Jen he is the cutest, and your Poinsettia are perfect for their Sketch, and perfectly beautiful, too!
=]

Darnell said...

These are both awesome, Jen, but I'm really loving that kitty card design! I'm picturing a certain hamster in that position, so thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

How FUN is this little fella!! I love your playful design Jen, cute cute card!! And those poinsettias are as pretty as can be!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous florals, Jen ... those poinsettia pop so beautifully against all that lovely white space ... and that little kitty is adorable ... so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

Your kitty card has such a clever design!

Bobby said...

I love that sweet kitten peeking over the frame, Jen. Your poinsettia are lovely and perfect for the sketch.