Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Celebrate With Hexagons

** This is my second post for the day.  For my CASology post please scroll down or 



I am loving grey these days so when I saw that the current Just Us Girls challenge was a colour combo including grey I let out a "Whoop whoop!"  :)  The colours felt quite masculine to me so I went for a graphic, guy birthday card. There are lots of stamp companies represented here - Market Street Stamps (Bit of Burlap), Fresh Squeezed Stamps (Happy Hexagons), Hero Arts (Heyday Sentiments), Sweet Stamp Shop (hexagon dies) and Twinery twine. Love when companies play nicely together!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Hexagons from Happy Hexagons) Fresh Squeezed Stamps, (Sentiment from Heyday Sentiments) Hero Arts, (Bit of Burlap) Market Street Stamps
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko,( Lucky Limeade, Basic Grey) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Sweet Pieces Shape-tastic) Sweet Stamp Shop
Twine:  (Stone) The Twinery

14 comments:

Lynn said...

All the texture on this card is beyond fabulous Jen!

Julia Aston said...

A great graphic card - makes a perfect guy card!

Lisa Arana said...

This is a great color combo for guys! Great design.

~amy~ said...

This rocks...I adore that combo and you know how I love hexies!

Lindsey said...

Total wow card! I love the twine wrapped around the sentiment banner to add to all the patterns.

Karen B. said...

You nailed the colors and you've nailed the masculine design.

Tracey McNeely said...

Loving grey these days too. Fantastic card Jen!

Joyce said...

Perfect guy card. Love the colors, too. Isn't it great when you can pull from all over the map? Thanks for reminding me I have that Market Street bit of burlap--I used to use it on every single card, then I forgot about it. Shame on me.

Glenda J said...

AMAZING! Love everything about this!

Jessi Fogan said...

Me too I haven't used the Burlap stamp in ages...and I think I'm finally falling for the hexie trend. I LOVE the different patterns - and these colours make such a perfect guy card! Love the twine wrap on the banner end :)

Marisa said...

Fabulous use of the colours and the hexagons!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of the different patterns on those hexagons! Great layout and use of those colors.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the colors -- awesome masculine card! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

lostinpaper said...

Fantastic! LOVE your funky take with these great colours!