Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good Friends Are Like Stars


Although this looks a bit like a kraft card base it's actually yellow - although what specific yellow I couldn't tell you as it was in my pile of random-who-knows-where-the-heck-it-came-from cardstock. The stars and sentiment are both heat embossed and because I embossed on top of embossing I had to do a bit of touching up with a Copic.   Since it's a one layer card and also uses all Unity stamps I'm entering it in this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge (to make the sentiment the focal point) and the All Things Unity challenge (to make a one layer card).  





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Yellow) Craft supply
Stamps:  (Sentiment and Images from January 2011 Kit of the Month - To The Moon and Back) Unity Stamp Co.
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Orange) ColourBox
Embossing Powder:  (Clear) Ranger
Copic:  YR68

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh...loving all the text in those stars and the sentiment is perfect!

Jessi Fogan said...

Wow, I love that sentiment. Friends are really keeping me (somewhat) sane these days.
I love the effect of the multiple embossing!

Carol said...

Fun card....great sentiment....I have a very close friend who falls into that category!

Jenny said...

Fab card, very brave embossing on embossing! Love the finished effect tho. I love your card filing category..... All my A4 card is filed like this :)
Well done on your wee memories win too, one card two honours.... That's good going:)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Super fun CAS card Jen! I am always a sucker for kraft, and those stars totally rock!

Anonymous said...

Ooops I just saw it is 'yellow'... well it would look good in kraft, but IS fab in yellow!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

ok clearly i need to learn what embossing on embossing means if that's what makes that awesome sentiment stand out and sparkle! that sentiment is so cool and so true of today ... thank you for your online friendship :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Brilliant Jen! I love the embossed stars and I'm very impressed by the embossed sentiment over the top.

Karen B. said...

That embossing is a super great addition to the card!

kasia c. said...

Jen, this is fabulous! I love the one layered stars, and fab colour combo. :)

Deborah Frings said...

Love the glossy finished on your embossed sentiment and stars - looks fab!

Lindsey said...

As a big fan of heat embossing, I have to say... wow! Love how this card turned out. (I'm also glad I'm not the only one with no-name cardstock. :P)

Tina said...

I like that sentiment a lot. It makes me want to go awwwwwwwwwwwwww. :)

StampinCathy said...

Amazing card. Love all the fun stamps and love how you used the heat embossing technique. Thanks for playing along with us at ATU!