Sunday, September 18, 2011

Two Tuesdays and a Trigger

***This is my 2nd post of the day.  Please scroll down for my Colour Throwdown/Lily Pad Cards/Use It Tuesday card***


Today I played along with the Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World and, for the third card in a row, I used previously uninked stamps - hello, Use It Tuesday!  :) (This card also qualifies for the Wee Memories No Pattered Paper challenge).  I was inspired by a lot in the Trigger photo.  I used PTI's Modern Basics to create a green and white pattern like the one on the chair. I used the brown from the table edge and the turquoise from the book (I think it's a book) that the vase is sitting on.  And then there's that gorgeous flower.  If you look really closely there is a touch of pink at it's centre. My flower is made out of parchment paper.  I cut several sizes from the Nestabilities Peony die, scrumpled them all up and then put them together with a pink brad.  I'm really chuffed with how it came out!  :)       
Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up, (White) Bazzill
Stamps:  (Shapes from Modern Basics, Sentiment from Fillable Frames #4) PTI
Ink:  ( Chocolate Chip & Garden Green) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Nestabilities Peony) Spellbinders
Copic:  G07

13 comments:

Karen B. said...

Wow, that is really modern basics? How cool! Great minds think alike (or I'd like to think that I'm as great as you...) I just made a card with a tissue paper flower too for an upcoming project! This one is gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

It's hard to believe that's not commercially produced patterned paper... it looks perfect and matches the inspiration to a T! And what a lovely focal flower, too. (So far, I'been trying to resist repurposing my parchment paper for cards -- I use it a lot for cooking! I guess I can always buy extra... :P) Beautiful overall result.

The Mama Monkey said...

Girl, you are on FIRE! This challenge should have been called "The Jen Challenge"! So glad you are giving those stamps some inky love!

Your homemade flower is delicious as is the handmade patterned paper!

Thanks again x3 for joining us! Hey, we still have time before the challenge closes...keep working!! :)

kasia c. said...

WOW!!!!
That background you created is AWESOME!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Love that peony! I'd never thought of using parchment paper - I bet it crinkles up really nicely :)

Haven_mom4 said...

beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

Kim S said...

Hey! I'm not quite certain what "chuffed" means but I hope it means you are happy because this is a fantastic card! What a perfect use of the inspiration piece.

Anonymous said...

I'd be chuffed too, this card is stunning Jen! What an awesome take on the trigger, the paper & the flower are perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, wow, wow! At first when you said no patterned paper, I was thought... no way! I love what you did with Modern Basics. I was even thinking of selling that set. LOL Love the card, Jen!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Seriously? That's not patterned paper? My first thought was "wow, that flower is spectacular" but then when I read that the paper was Modern Basics, I freaked out. Holy moly, my friend!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

You should be chuffed! This is amazing! Hugs xxaxx

Jenny said...

You've really captured that picture well, love the bkgd pattern :)
Jenny x

Brandi said...

That is one cute flower girl! Thanks for playing with us at Wee Memories!!!