Monday, April 11, 2011

Hats Off To You!

I missed the last Lawnscaping Challenge and was determined not to let another one slip by me.  Challenge #7 is:
                                                   
I took my idea from the name of a Lawn Fawn stamp set - Hats Off To You.  It has all sorts of cute little chapeaux and I pictured them all being flung into the air in celebration.  The colour combo is from ColourQ #77 which is a few weeks old but I really liked the colours and never got around to making a card at the time.

Supplies: CS: SU & Bazzill; Stamps: Lawn Fawn; Inks: SU Pear Pizzazz & VersaFine Onyx Black
It was a busy weekend for us with no crafty time for Jen.  *Pout*  On Saturday morning we helped my friend, Katy, some more in her new apartment.  We pulled up lots of nasty old carpet and cleaned up the floors.  In the afternoon we worked in our yard - mowing, weed whacking, etc.  I actually really like mowing the lawn.  It's one of those "instant gratification" jobs and that fresh mown grass smell is divine!  Sunday we took the hounds for a long swim and then went to visit my Uncle Michael and his new puppy, Rufus.
 How cute is that guy??  (And the puppy is adorable too...  Tee hee!)

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Hah...the guy is very cute? Is that your Luis? :) Love your card...background stamps are perfect!

Emily Leiphart said...

Heehee, of course Luis AND Rufus are cute! ;D I love your fun card, Jen! The background is so perfect for the paper pieced hat!

kasia c. said...

Cute card! I love all of those adorable hats! And you totally rocked the colour combo. :)

Oh my goodness Rufus is ADORABLE!!!!

Laurie said...

Adorable puppy!! OMG! He is so cute!!

I totally love your card! Those hats are so cute! Great job making your own paper!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh yes! I can totally see the hats flinging into the air here! I love it. Perfect take on this challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

Jay Gee said...

Love the colours you used on your card Jen and all those hats - so cute! Rufus is pretty adorable too!

Karen B. said...

That pup is way too darn cute! Love your card too and the random way they are stamped, like they are being thrown in the air in celebration!

Marie said...

What a fun idea making the hats flying up in the air on your card! It looks so cool =) Thanks for sharing a photo of the cute puppy as well =)

Sarah said...

Super cute! Love the pattern and message you've created with the hats. They're moving up on my wish list.

Lynnette said...

Great idea using the hats for patterned paper, super cute card. The puppy is adorable, how fun!