Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Three Valentine's and a Baby

Hello hello!  Hope all is well with everyone today.  I've just come back from a nice long walk with the hounds - well, 2 walks actually.  First I take Jem and Atticus, the crazy boys.  Once I've (somewhat) tired them out I take Scout for her walk.  She's the oldest of the bunch and has terribly arthritic elbows so she can't quite keep up with the other two these days.  It's quite nice to have a leisurely stroll with her after bouncing all over the place with the boys!


I had a busy morning carding and ended up with 3 Valentine's cards and one for a baby shower.  The mum-to-be doesn't know what she's having yet so I couldn't go for the usual pink or blue.  Here's what I came up with instead:
Supplies: Card Blank: Handy Hippo; Cardstock: Paperbilities; Patterned Paper: HOTP; Stamp: Hero Arts stork & Elzybells sentiment; Ink: Memento black & Palette purple; Other: Nestabilities Labels Fifteen, Copics, Making Memories thread, misc buttons


And finally some sunshine without gale force winds so I could take some pictures outside.  Whoo hoo!


The first Valentine card is a quickie using Cosmo Cricket paper and chipboard stickers.  Love this stuff - simple but effective!


Next is a simple one layer card.  The backgrounds are SU ink but at this moment I cannot remember the name - Melon Mambo maybe?  I have no idea who makes the little hearts and sentiment stamps.  They have no labels on them and someone gave them to me several years ago from their stash.  At the time I thought they were kind of cheesy and that I'd never use them but never say never I guess!  The first one I made I very meticulously lined up all the squares and had the hearts perfectly centered but it looked "too" perfect.  So I did the same design but this time free hand.  Lots of crookedness but I kind of like it...


The third Valentine's card was super simple.  I've had this roll of velvet ribbon sitting around for ages and today it was screaming at me to be stamped on.  So I obliged:
Now I'm off to plug in some heaters.  I may be in Bermuda and it may be 60 degrees but it's damp here and we live in a stone house with no central heating.  Thank goodness for space heaters and warm doggies!  Have a lovely evening!

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, Jen, you've been busy! I like how you take your dogs out for walks at two different paces. You must be in fabulous shape. Your cards are fantastic, too. I love the generic baby card and all three of your Valentine's cards are so different in style but all wonderful. My favourite is the last one - I love the elegance and simplicity of it!

Karen B. said...

Fabulous cards, I really like the one layer one!

Lynn said...

I have to ask...do you live right on the water? If yes...I am even more jealous. My fav card is the baby card...so adorable!

Sue Lelli said...

All of them are CUTE but I just LOVE that adorable baby card with the stork! LOVE the colors!

Anonymous said...

All three cards are great, but my favourite is definitely the middle one with the nine pink squares and images.

I have just been drooling over your beach and ocean pictures, sigh, what it would be to have that view at any time of year let alone the middle of winter!