Saturday, September 21, 2019

Striped Succulents


Hello there!

Hurricane Humphrey was a little feistier than we expected but thankfully, while there were buildings damaged, roofs lost and trees destroyed, there were no fatalities.  We're now keeping an eye on Jerry as he approaches.  At the moment he's a tropical storm but is aiming for a direct hit on Tuesday.  We'll see what he does between now and then.

In the meantime I have a card for two challenges - CAS(e) This Sketch and Time Out.  I love the Skinny Stripes die from Ellen Hutson - It makes such a great background and adds some texture too.  I had these MFT succulents sitting on my desk all coloured and ready to go so I happily put them to use.  I made two cards with the stripes in different directions.  Which do you prefer the horizontal or vertical?    





Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Sweet Succulents) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Skinny Stripes) Essentials by Ellen
Markers:  (YG67, G21, E08) Copic
Other:  (Glossy Accents) Ranger

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Would you believe me if I told you I STILL don't own this skinny striped little wonder? You've used it wonderfully, Jen! Thanks for playing at CTS!! xx
=]

lostinpaper said...

So happy to hear that you are safe and well (and have internet wink)! Great take on the striped inspiration, love that you made the two versions!

Shauna said...

This is so lovely! I like the striped background and the little plant image... so cute! I can totally see the photo inspiration here. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out!
- Shauna

Lindsey said...

I think it works equally well both ways. And by well, I mean these are both awesome cards!

sandie said...

So good to see you at Time Out Jen and with such a stunning card. It is so crisp and perfectly CAS. Those stripes are a stand out for me and I love how you picked the perfect image to match our photo....I go for the one you added to Time Out, it flows more easily to me. Love seeing you at Time Out x

Joyce said...

My goodness, I love both of these wonderful cards..maybe the horizontal stripes a bit better, but it's a toss up. Your design is fantastic and I really love that sweet little heart you added at the end of the sentiment. Hope you can continue to stay dry and avoid the worst of the hurricanes. And, now I need to check out that cool MFT die! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Anita in France said...

Those graphic stripes are so cool and crisp, Jen ... whether horizontal or vertical ... they make such a stylish background for that lush, beautifully coloured succulent! Stay safe ... and thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

_chevron2 said...

i love your take! super nice!!

Lisa Kind said...

Glad you were ok from Humphrey and hoping Jerry didn't (or doesn't) do much damage either. Love both of your cards, but I think I prefer the horizontal stripes. Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

Lynn said...

So glad that the damage wasn't too bad Jen. I always think of you this time of year. You know I love your taken on this card with the fabulous stripes!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!