Monday, May 26, 2014

The Man, The Myth, The Legend



I haven't been keeping the card rack at work very well stocked lately so I'm trying to knuckle down and really crank out some cards.  Father's Day is coming up so I've been focusing on guy cards and the colours from this week's Colour Throwdown challenge seemed kind of masculine to me so I put them to work.  I used some Avery Elle NBUS here and I had fun playing with these banners - I love how they frame the "dad"!  That's it for now but I'll be back later with another card.  



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz)  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiments from The Man, Flag from To The Point) Avery Elle
Inks:  (Soft Sky, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up

7 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love this - I always find colour challenges difficult - I would never have come up with such an inventive layout without a sketch or inspiration photo! well done!

Lynn said...

I love the soft type script in the background. Way to go on keeping the card rack stocked. I'm sure this will fly off the shelf!

Hannelie said...

Fabulous !!!
I love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a cool design. Love the words in the background and how you 'highlighted' the word DAD. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Lindsey said...

This card is all kinds of awesome! The framing banners really are perfect, and "the man the myth the legend" cracks me up. :D

Joyce said...

What a super father's day card. Totally masculine, although I did not see it in those colors at first. Now, I want to make one, too.

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE the SUPER clean airy fee, yet still STRONG and captivating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!