Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Framed Flowers



Hi there!  A super quick post today before I dash off to work.  I'm playing along with Fusion and Seize the Birthday.  I didn't use the Fusion sketch this week - I just went with the inspiration photo.  As for STB I've used the optional toppings choice of Flowers.  I loved Hazel's winning entry at CASology this week which led me to the use of the frame here.  I pulled out my favourite PTI set In Bloom to use for my flowers.  Okay, gotta dash.  Have a wonderful day!



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers and leaves from In Bloom, Sentiment from Birthday Bash Sentiments) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Wild Wasabi) Stampin' Up, (Butter Bar) Hero Arts
Dies:  (Stitched Rectangles) Lil' Inker
Gems:  Recollections

13 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love that you coloured out of the lines! lol! It gives it a very artistic look!

Janet's Joy said...

Love those bright yellow flowers and how you put the black frame over top!
So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Lindsey said...

This is amazing -- I love the flower colouring (backside of the stamp?) and the outside-the-frame thinking!

Lynn said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration Jen. Love the frame. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

wienerhoneymooners said...

JEN!!!!!!!!! Gotta say, your mad dash card, AMAZING! Love how you were inspired by Hazel's card!!

Thanks for being so inspired to play along with us and adding your lovely creation to the gallery ---I love it !

Michelle said...

I love the stamping, Jen! Those flowers look awesome, and the frame is perfect!

OttawaMom said...

Love how you framed those wonderful, big blooms! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Deepti said...

This is lovely, I was inspired by the same card too :) thank you for sharing with Fusion !

Cathy Weber said...

I love the use of the frame highlighting the PTI flower...you nailed the colors and the tone of the inspirational photo perfectly!

Jessi Fogan said...

I've got to remember to try the back-of-the-stamp technique with these! Love your layout & that awesome frame.

Joyce said...


Fabulous card--In Bloom is one of my favorite sets ever, and I don't know why I never thought to stamp the color on this way. Love it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card. I love the bold frame you added too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at fusion :)

Lyndal said...

LOVE the frame Jen, makes your flowers POP! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!