Thursday, May 29, 2014

CAS(E) This Sketch #78


Welcome to Week 78 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by Julie Day:


I hadn't ordered anything from Papertrey Ink in ages but last week I finally broke down and did some shopping.  And guess what?  Everything arrived on Tuesday!  It was exactly a week from ordering until I had those goodies in my hot little hands.  That is unheard of especially over a holiday weekend!  Clearly the crafty gods were rewarding me for having been restrained for so long.  :D  Anyway I mention this because the sentiment on the card is one of my new stamps.  (An older PTI stamp but new to me).  I paired it with this fun Avery Elle border in two shades of purple but the sentiment felt like it needed a little something else so I spotlight stamped part of it on Sahara Sand cardstock.  I really like how it looks!  A little something extra without being too overwhelming.  And now it's your turn to take a crack at the sketch.  Check out the gorgeous designs from the rest of the team and then get crafting'!  

The colours I used are from CAS on Sunday's colour challenge.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder, Sahara Sand) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Border from All Squared Up) Avery Elle, (Sentiment from Birthday Style) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  ( VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Perfect Plum, Wisteria Wonder) Stampin' Up
Punch:  (1 1/4" circle) EK Success
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Shelly said...

Very cool card! Love the sentiment, too!

Lynn said...

Yeah for new goodies. Love the color palette.

Bobby said...

Goodies for you! I'm glad you got some new schtuff. I would never have thought of stamping that circle under the sentiment but it sure does look good there.

lostinpaper said...

Great graphic design, love the added bling!

anja curvers said...

Really great card love your take on the sketch and challenge. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Chrissy Larson said...

New stuff is always awesome and I love that sentiment also! The edge of your card is SO cool!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors and the patterned squares, Jen. How fun to use new 'stuff'!

Angela said...

The colors with that sketch and your design is just fabulous, Jen!

Lindsey said...

Wow, record-breaking delivery time! And you put it to beautiful use so quickly, too! Such a classy-looking card, Jen.

Mariken said...

What a beautiful card, I really love this one!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday,
Mariken

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hey Jen,

These colors worked nicely for you and with both challenges you came up with a masterpiece, I must say! Congrats.

Blessings,
Barb

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPER cool, love it- you inspire ME!