Thursday, September 2, 2021

Bright Birthday Flower


 Life has been busy and it's been over a month since I last posted so I'm glad to finally have a bit of crafty time.  Today I'm playing along with the Paper Players and Time Out.  The Paper Players gave us a Tic Tac Toe challenge and I used the first column for my card - feminine, birthday, florals.  Time Out wants us to use a coloured card base.  I've actually been trying to use more coloured card bases in a bid to tackle my cardstock stash (ha ha!) so I appreciate the encouragement here.  I haven't used these Essentials by Ellen flower dies in ages but they are perfect for some bright and cheery birthday florals.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi, Coastal Cabana) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Sassy Pants Birthday 3) My Favourite Things
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Wild Garden flowers) essentials by Ellen
Other:  (Nuvo White Crystal Drops) Tonic

5 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that bold and colourful flower Jen and the diecut piecing works really well. I love the coloured card base too - it really brightens your card. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Joyce said...

This is so pretty, Jen. I recognized that flower die as one I have in my stash that is sorely lacking in love. Great color combo and love the simplicity of your design. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

lostinpaper said...

Good luck with the 'cardstock' struggle, it is real... ask me how I know lol. Love your beautiful design Jen!

Jaydee said...

Jen, I love the bold pop of coral against the background. Such a wonderful, bright card - sure to brighten anyone's day. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jayee

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, I just love this happy card! The color combo is gorgeous. The card made me smile! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!