Sunday, March 7, 2021

Doggone Good Birthday

 

Today's card is for the Addicted To CAS challenge (Animal).  My goal for myself today was to use some coloured card bases.  I almost always reach for white card bases so once in a while I try to force myself not to.  Birthday cards are good for this since they're generally cheery and celebratory anyway which works well with bright colours.  These Your Next Stamps pooches were in my pile of pre-stamped images so I coloured them with Copics, die cut them and popped them up on foam tape.  I almost went for my usual white embossed sentiment on black cardstock but decided to keep going with the colours instead and I really like how these turned out!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Rose Red, Granny Apple Green, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Party Pets) Your Next Stamp
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Markers:  (YG03, B29, BV23, C1, W1, W3, W5, 100) Copic
Other:  (Nuvo White Crystal Drops) Tonic

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

That is the cutest image Jen and I love your colour choices. Thanks for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS :) Vicky x

Fran Wing said...

HA! I was just working on a birthday card with bright greens and purple, so this really caught my eye! Love the color combinations - thank you for sharing it with us at ATCAS. Hugs, Fran

foleysfriend said...

Love the super fun color combinations of your birthday cards. The doggie is really cute and I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.