Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wind Beneath My Wings


Thanks to extra work shifts, Portuguese classes, catching up with neglected friends, gorgeous weather and an impromptu whale watching trip, things have been pretty busy lately.  On top of that, my mojo has been rather elusive so the blog (and the blogosphere in general) have been a bit neglected.  I'm trying to get back in the game though especially as the card rack at work is pretty much empty and looking rather sad.  Yesterday Luis and I had a little "us" day though.  We slept in, took Atti for a long walk and swim, chilled on the sofa and then went for dinner with friends.  It was nice to blow off the usual Saturday errands (cleaning?  what cleaning?) and just hang out.  


Today Luis and his friend Ruben are sanding and painting the railings down at the dock and I'm trying to kick start the mojo.  I'm playing along with the latest ColourQ challenge using some Fresh Squeezed Stamps and some bling!  Hopefully this will be the first of many cards today but we shall see.  Lunch first, then more craftiness to follow.  Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!




Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Pretty In Pink, Marina Mist, Midnight Muse, Wisteria Wonder)  Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Feather & sentiment from Tickle My Fancy) Fresh Squeezed Stamps
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Basic Grey) Stampin' Up!
Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Gems:  Stampin' Up

13 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful card Jen, I love the feather's in this week colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ! Happy Sunday.

Lynn said...

sounds like you had the perfect day yesterday! I love your cards...the colors are awesome!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is beautiful Jen! The sentiment is just perfect with your fluttering feathers! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Jean said...

Love how you used the colors & a perfect sentiment!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

Gorgeous card, what better way to get the mojo back than a day fro just you and Luis xxx

Lindsey said...

This card definitely worked! Although I'm not sure I appreciate the earworm. ;) Hope you had a craftily productive day.

Darnell said...

Sounds like you are living life with things in their proper perspective, Jen! Having said that, I'm glad to see life is allowing you a little time for crafting happiness, too! Your card is fantastic and perfect for showcasing those colors!!

If I remember right, Happy Anniversary to you and Luis on the 6th, and many, many more!! Glad you had a lovely "you" day together!

Jessi Fogan said...

So sweet :) I love the sentiment!

Maureen Morton said...

This is so lovely, Jen! I love the colors and the way you captured the wistfulness of movement. Your life there sounds so amazing - I am such a water gal that I know I'd love it. Thanks for sharing all you do.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Jen, love those feathers! Thanks for playing with us this week at the colourQ.

Jenny said...

You have been a busy girl!! Good to see you popping back onto your blog though and getting in some craft-time :0)
The soft colours are perfect for the feathers, love how they are floating down the card :0)
Jenny x

Michelle said...

I know I'm miles behind with commenting, but I couldn't pass this card by without telling you how much I love it. These colours together are not my favourite, but you've made me want to give them a go! Beautiful card, Jen!

Lisa Arana said...

beautiful! love the floating feathers.