Monday, November 19, 2012

A Few Things To Think About


Sorry it's been a bit quiet around here recently but we've had a few people on vacation at work so I've been doing lots of extra shifts.  I did manage to get a bit of time over the weekend to play in the Craft Cave though just in time to get an entry made for the Moxie Fab Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks Week:  The Journaling Cards Challenge.  Digging through my stash I discovered I have a whole lot of journaling cards but they haven't made too many appearances on my cards.  This one is from My Mind's Eye and I stamped it with Yous from Paper Smooches and Hero Arts.  Initially I thought I'd pop the card up on Pop Dots but it was looking kind of blah.  Switch to attaching it with washi tape... better but still needed a little something else.  Enter spray mist.  This is the first time I've ever used it and, while I definitely need to play around with it a bit more, I can see why everyone's been diggin' it!  I love how it makes the journaling card look like it's floating.  So cool!  :)


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Word Up) Paper Smooches, (CL341) Hero Arts
Inks:  (Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Pacific Point) Stampin' Up!
Journaling Card:  My Mind's Eye
Mist:  (Mister Huey's Dark Calico) American Crafts
Washi Tape:  Crafty Basics

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

This is so cool looking!

Brandi said...

This looks really cool with the spray mist!

Jay Gee said...

So fun Jen, really love the sentiment panel :)

lostinpaper said...

LOVE the multicolored sentiments Jen!

Lindsey said...

The spray mist just adds the right amount of wow, doesn't it? And the sentiment makes me go awww. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Love it Jen, the spray mist is so cool and that sentiment is so cool.

Lynn said...

I love the washi tape and the mix and match yous are simply fabulous.

~amy~ said...

Love what you've done... I love the inking up..I should do that more often..

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE THE RAINBOW!!! What a fabulous & fun idea, Jen :) And I'm digging that washi pattern.