Saturday, August 20, 2011

Surprise Package!

I got a phone call from my local shipping company this morning to say that a package had arrived for me.  A package?  Today?  I had no idea the place was even open on Saturdays!  Sweet!  So the puppies and I hopped into the car and tootled off to town to pick it up.  It was an order from Stampin' Up which included the new In Colour cardstock and ink pads -  just in time for this week's ColourQ challenge.  :)  Unfortunately I don't have any Bermuda Bay paper or ink (seems wrong doesn't it?) so I had to find a sub but I think it looks pretty close.  I decided to make a Back to School card using Papertrey Ink's School Time stamps.  I'm also going to enter this in A Passion for Papertrey's masculine challenge (because I think the colours would work for a little guy) and in the Create Back to School challenge


Supplies Used:
Cardstock: (White) Gina K, (Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Ialand Indigo) Stampin' Up, (Turquoise) Paperbilities
Stamps: (School Time) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Soft Suede, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo) Stmapin' Up
Tools: (Corner Punch) Marvy Uchida (1/8" Hole Punch) McGill

16 comments:

Jay Gee said...

There is nothing better than getting packages in the mail! Love how you did your background - fabulous card Jen :)

Karen B. said...

Great way to make your own notebook sheet! And great card too!

Renée said...

I LOVE your layout! Those strips of alphabet across are fab. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ :)

Lindsey said...

Awesome card! I love the way you used the challenge colours. And yes, the colours would work great for a boy.

Tenia Nelson said...

love it!!!

Sylvia said...

I love your card, Jen! The background you made is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

kasia c. said...

Jen this is awesome! I love all of those fabulous elements, the apple, thenotebook, the journal lines. Fabulous use of the colours. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't own any Stampin Up stuff, it sounds so totally posh, you'll have to tell me what it's like!
ps. LOVE your card such fab colour blocking and background stamping, it's awesome!

Sudha said...

Pretty sweet creation dear.

Aimes said...

What a fab card! I love the layout and the way that juicy apple 'pops' from the page!
Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lynn said...

Who doesn't love some happy mail! Perfect back to school card!

Caryn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the colurs on this - great card.

Thanks for joining us at A Passion For Papertrey!

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Great card - love the alphabet stamps on the coloured card and the sweet apple and pencil! Fab!

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, so cute, Jen! I love those colours. I wish I had them, as well as these stamps. ;)

Brandi said...

This is adorable! I just love the alphabet background! Too cute!

Don't you just love getting stamping supplies in the mail? I know I do!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Didn't I just write that you always have the right colors? ha ha. I LOVE this card as a back-to-school card. The letters in the background are super cute!