Tuesday, March 1, 2016

CASology #187


Welcome to Week 187 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I love this fan image (unfortunately retired) from Sweet Stamp Shop and I thought of it immediately when I saw this cue word.  I also love the "fan-freakin-tastic" part of the sentiment so I wanted to highlight it when I made the card.  I found a stripe stamp that fit the sentiment perfectly and stamped it in Poppy Parade.  Then I paper pieced the fan, popped it up on foam tape and added a gem to the centre of it.  Clean and crisp with a pop of fun color from the stripe.  And now it's over to you guys -  check out the fabulous inspiration from the design team and then play along!  



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Island Indigo, Smokey Slate) Stamping' Up
Stamps:  (Fan & sentiment from Spin Me) Sweet Stamp Shop, (Have a...birthday from Sketchy Cities America) Altenew, (Background Basics: Super Stripes) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Poppy Parade) Stampin' Up
Gem:  Recollections

18 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is so fun Jen! Your sentiment is PERFECTLY positioned~it's amazing!

Ardyth said...

GREAT design - love the bold colours and the way you've highlighted the sentiment!

Karen B. said...

I was just going to say I want NEED that stamp! Fun card.

Deidre said...

Your sentiment is amazeballs!! That card is great; awesome way to highlight your sentiment :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness I am a huge freakin' fan of this card!!! Jen - just incredibly clever!!!
=]

Lynn said...

I love this card...everything about it shouts fun.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Jen and so perfect for the cue word!

maria f. said...

Ha! Great take on that (difficult) cue word!

Joyce said...

Love how you did the sentiment, and your paper pieced fan is a fantastic image. I could use that fan in my spin class, as it is always nice to have a breeze when I am working hard.

Bobby said...

You said it Jen. Clear and crisp with a pop of color and a fun sentiment. Perfect.

Lindsey said...

This is fun! Love how clean and graphic this is.

Monika Reeck said...

Jen do you believe me I choose the same stamp that FAN but I took one from Lawn Fawn..and I adore your idea with highlight the sentiment with red line
great CAS idea always Jen
love to see your inspiration always at CASology
if you dont mind to see my FAN card here is the link to help you easy to visit :)
hugs
Monika (CASology FAN)

http://creativewithmonika.blogspot.de/2016/03/thanks-geometric-card-and-another-manly.html

Judy1223 said...

Jen, I love this stamp set...too bad it is retired! Your paper-piecing adds so much dimension, it's fan-freakin'-tastic!

Patti said...

Sweet card! and a wonderful tip you shared : ) I will try that in the future!

Patti

Celeste Goff said...

Love this! I have this stamp set and I use it a lot but strangely enough it didn't occur to me to use it for this challenge! LOL

Jacquie Southas said...

I think your card is fan-freaking-tastic! Terrific design, Jen.

Anonymous said...

Fan-freakin' tastic alright! This is so cool! Ba-doom doom dish!! You are seriously an awesome paper-piecer, Jen! Love this!!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jen!! I love your card. The sentiment is super funny. I can't stop laughing. I love that fan stamp, its so realistic!!