Saturday, March 12, 2016

Skipping Stones Tip/Technique Hop


Hi there!  Welcome to the monthly Skipping Stones Design Team Tip/Technique Blog Hop!  You should have arrived here from Coralynn's blog.

I broke out the watercolors again for this card but instead of going for my usual smooshing technique I tried to do more of a wash.  I masked and stamped the butterfly from Healing Wings onto Ranger watercolor cardstock.  Then I painted over them in rainbow colours.  Once they were dry I fussy cut them and mounted them onto a black card base.  The sentiment (also from Healing Wings) was stamped onto white cardstock then trimmed and popped up on foam tape.  I felt like it needed a little something else so I used black gems to create each of the butterfly bodies.  

Okay, time to get hopping.  Your next stop is Ilina's blog.  Be sure to leave comments along the way to be entered in the giveaway.  Also check out all the fabulous stamp sets in the 

Jen  <---  You are here!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Black) Papertrey Ink, (Watercolor) Ranger
Stamps:  (Butterfly & sentiment from Healing Wings) Skipping Stones Design
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful!

Indy's Designs said...

Love the rainbow of beautiful butterflies!

D.Ann C said...

Lovely rainbow of butterflies!

Karen C said...

This is soooo pretty! Love the papers! Love this set!

Hugs,
Karen C

María Pilar said...

Beautiful card with the colored butterflies and the black cardstock

I Card Everyone said...

Jen I love these beauties on the black card! Lovely, really. ..
=]

lostinpaper said...

So sweet Jen, I just finished a butterfly card myself (great minds)!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty rainbow of polka dot butterflies!

Unknown said...

I like the butterflies...lovely rainbow of polka!!

Lindsey said...

Love this! The butterflies look awesome on the black base.

Emma Rose said...

Lovely card and colours. Love the contrast with the black.

Lynn said...

Love this rainbow of color against the black card stock Jen. Gorgeous.

Janis said...

More masking and fussy cutting! Okay, I get the message...I NEED to do this more often!! :) Love how your butterflies just glow against that black background. Beautiful!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous technique Jen!

Bobby said...

Putting your watercolored butterflies on black really makes them come alive, Jen.

Unknown said...

Oh wow😍 Love this card and the POP on the black feedstock ❣

Thanks,
Laurel
rscowtown at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Amazing card...the colors just pop!