Sunday, March 20, 2016

Green Sympathy


Hi there!  Yesterday was such a gorgeous day here that I couldn't bring myself to spend time in the Craft Cave.  Instead I went to Pilates, Luis and I ran errands and then we chilled out on the patio with Tex before going for a walk to the beach and finishing off the day with a bbq.  

Today Luis went out with the boys for a bit so I did some DT work in the Craft Cave and was also able to make a couple of other cards including this one for the current ColourQ challenge.  I used Paper Smooches' Positive Strokes 2 for the green and die cut some WPlus9 leaves from vellum.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink - one of my favourite sympathy sentiments.  That's it for now.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Vellum)
Stamps:  (Stripes from Positive Strokes 2) Paper Smooches, (Sentiment from Botanical Silhouettes) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Lucky Limeade, Gumboil Green) Stampin' Up, (Soft Granite) Hero Arts
Dies:  (Leaves from Folk Art Florals) WPlus9

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

What a wonderful sympathy design Jen, I just gotta pin it!

Lisa Elton said...

A lovely CAS card Jen! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Happy Dance said...

Sympathy cards are so hard to "get right," but Jen, you've really gotten it right with this one. The green paint strokes are quite nice, and those vellum leaves soften them perfectly. This is a wonderful card. Love it. Bev

Lynn said...

Gorgeous..I love the soft vellum over the green. So soft and therapeutic.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Jen, love the vellum! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful and perfect sympathy card. Now I know where the perfect sympathy sentiment has been hiding...

Anonymous said...

I love the softness the vellum lends this card. And your choice of colours. A truly beautiful and contemplative sympathy card. I think that I'm going to need to case this!

Joyce said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, and a perfect way to use all those greens. Love the vellum leaves. They soften everything up.