Tuesday, March 15, 2016

CASology #189


Welcome to Week 189 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:



Recently the lovely and talented Anita from My Papercraft World sent me an envelope full of Papertrey Ink's Doodlie-Do images and sentiments - a set stamped in Memento ink and an embossed set!  I was thrilled to bits to receive them especially as I knew this cue word was coming up.  :)  I coloured the flower and leaves with Copics and then paired them with a balloon string sentiment from Mama Elephant which I thought made a perfect stem.  I was going to leave it at that but then decided the image needed to be grounded so I added some  washi tape in a graph pattern to help balance out all the rounded shapes above it.  

Now over to you - check out the gorgeous inspiration from the design team and then get crafting!



And this week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CST).

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Flower from Doodlie-Do) Papertrey Ink, (Sentiment from Party Kit) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Old Olive) Stamping' Up
Markers:  (Y17, YR04, YR07, YG03, G99, E08) Copic

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful. Love the vibrant colors.

Joyce said...

Wonderfully colored, and I love how you used a sentiment for the stem. Why did I forget all about this set?

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous colours and love how you coloured this flower. That Anita is such a lovely lady! Enjoy your flowers!

Patti said...

Oh Jen!! this card screams CASE me CASE me!! giggles!! I have both of these sets but have never considered pairing them like this - brilliant!

I wanted to say a special thanks to you for giving my card a shout out in the CASology challenge! coming form you it really means a lot to me.

Have a great day! you made mine : )

Patti

Helen F. said...

Love your idea of mixing and matching these two stamps on your fabulous card, Jen!

Lindsey said...

Why yes, it does make a perfect stem! good choice on the washi, too. Great clean and graphic card!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jen!! Awesome gift package. I love Papertrey Ink stuff!! I love your flower and the stem is great. Perfect thank you card.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how pretty!! I love the stem!!

Squirrel x said...

Awesome! xx

Sherrie M. said...

So fabulous Jen! Thinking I'm gonna have to get Doodlie Do so I can CASE this.

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a perfect CAS creation this is Jen so beautiful and so cheerful
Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

Susan said...

Great job on the coloring...and what a great way to used the thanks stamp!

Anonymous said...

So happy!!! Love it Jen! I just love it when designers work their sentiment into their image! it certainly does scream CASE me! ;-)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Jen: I love the idea of this beautiful doodle sentiment as a stem for your pretty flower, what a clever idea!!
The washi tape is the perfect grounding element for this lovely card.
Thank you for sharing.

Maria Rodriguez.

Anita in France said...

Yay, Jen ... so happy to see this Doodlie Do bloom here! Such gorgeous, vibrant colouring on the flower and leaves ... and I love that scripty sentiment stem ... fab with the doodlie style! Hugs, Anita :)

Melissa said...

So perfectly done, Jen! That bloom is gorgeous and the washi tape?! LOVE how you used it! :)

Deidre said...

You made that flower jump of the page! I love it, the colors, the washi, the sentiment stem. Awesome Jen.

Bobby said...

Love that flower and your coloring, Jen The scripty stem has doodle writen all over it.