Sunday, September 20, 2020

First I Drink the Coffee...

 


It's been almost 3 weeks since I've made or posted a card.  Life has been a little crazy with work, taking care of mom, vet visits for the critters and hurricanes (resulting in a flooded kitchen).  I feel like I've been running around like a headless chicken but not getting much accomplished.  Crafting fell by the wayside but today I finally got to spend a few hours in the Craft Cave.  It was blissful and I made a few DT cards and played along with some challenges.

This card is for Freshly Made Sketches.  I wanted to find a circular sentiment and dug out this one from Lil' Inker.  The cup and star are also Lil' Inker and the die in the background is the Bam Bubble from Paper Smooches.  I was pleased with how easily all my cards came together today.  Usually after this long a break I really struggle to get back in the groove.  This was a nice change.

No work tomorrow as Hurricane Teddy is passing nearby so if the power stays on I hope to get some more cards made.  No work last Monday either as we were being pummeled by Hurricane Paulette (which had what felt like the longest eye ever!).  Let's hope we don't have another hurricane day next Monday...


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up, (Gold)
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Coffee Talk 2) Lil' Inker Designs
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Coffee cup, stitched star) Lil' Inker Designs, (Bam Bubble) Paper Smooches, (Stitched Circle) Heffy Doodle

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Jen, oh boy,you've been busy. Love how this fabulous card literally pops! Take care!

Lindsey said...

Great combo of colours for this fun card! I'm hoping Teddy didn't wreak too much damage.

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, I will admit to being a little worried about you ... then I remembered the 'no news, is good news' adage and just imagined you needed a break - don't we all at times?
Is hurricane season being extra hard this year?
First drink that coffee [darling btw] and then stay safe, please!! xx
=]

Judy Rozema said...

Glad you found some crafty time! I love the colors you chose! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

lostinpaper said...

Sooo happy to see you back, sounds like you have been BUSY! Big hugs to you and your coffee lol.