Thursday, August 27, 2020

Seize the Birthday Guest Designer Part 5

 


I'm back for my final challenge as Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday.


As usual you can make any kind of birthday card and join the Anything Goes portion of the challenge or you can play along with our Topping which this week is Add Gold! 



I had a hard time photographing this card because I kept getting a shine from the gold but I guess it makes it easy to see how pretty it is when you move it in the light.  The butterflies are oldie but goodie Papertrey Ink dies and they're popped up on foam tape over the Essentials by Ellen Skinny Stripes.  My sentiments are usually stamped in black or are embossed in white.  Neither felt right here so I went for some Bermuda Bay ink to compliment the butterfly and I love how it came out!

I want to thank Nancy and the team for having me as Surprise Party Guest for the last two months.  Its been an honor to have my cards showcased along such a talented group at such a long standing challenge!

I hope you'll join in the fun!  You have until 9am (PST) on Tuesday, 8 September to play along.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Bermuda Bay, Basic Black) Stampin' Up, (Gold)
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Signature Greeting) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (Bermuda Bay) Stampin' Up
Die:  (Butterfly) Papertrey Ink, (Skinny Stripes) Essentials by Ellen
Gems: Recollections

12 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

The gold bg of your bfly looks amazing!

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Jen! Jo x

JoAnn said...

Such a pretty butterfly with the gold background. The Bermuda Bay sentiment does compliment the butterfly so well. Love your card.
Glad to have had you as our Surprise Party Guest.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! Your butterfly is gorgeous against the black and white stripes. Good choice on the coloured sentiment too! It's been fun being at the same party together, let's do it again some time! ;)

Ashwini Rao said...

Loving the contrast in colors - the stripes and the blue make each other shine! Of course, the gold shines so well peeking from below. Just gorgeous! Love the design! And I'm glad too, that you used the blue ink for sentiment! Thank you for such a wonderful inspiration!! I know I am inspired plenty!!

Barbara said...

Thanks for bing our Surprise Party Guest, You were great! I love the gold on this butterfly. It maybe CAS, but very inspiring.

Nancy said...

Jen, Your final card with us is just as good as the rest. Bermuda Bay is one of my all-time favorite SU inks. Love your bold butterfly and matching sentiment. You were a delightful surprise party guest! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon.

Cathy said...

Love the graphic look of your card Jen, it's gorgeous and thankyou for being our party guest, Cathy x

Bobby said...

I love the sentiment, Jen. The words, the font, the size, and it is terrific in the matching blue.

TaeEun said...

I love the combination of gold and teal!!! So cheerful and pretty! The black stripes create an awesome contrast! Thank you so much for being our Surprise party guest, Jen! Your inspiration cards were all fabulous!

shirley-bee said...

I love black and white striped backgrounds, especially when paired with turquoise! I love that you stamped the sentiment in a colour, I don't do that often enough, but when I do, I'm always pleasantly surprised! Thanks for being our Surprise Party Guest xx

Glenda J said...

This is so striking! I love everything about it - the stripes are perfect behind the turquoise and gold. I loved having you join us - thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creations.