Tuesday, February 12, 2019

CASology #331


Welcome to Week 331 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


Waves are something I am blessed to see every day - sometimes softly lapping the shore, other times lashing the island into submission.  I didn't realise how important the ocean was to me until I spent time living in Louisville, KY.  It was a fabulous city and I had an amazing two years there but it became clear that I was not meant to live a landlocked life.  
  
Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!



This week's guest designer:

Amy K


** We're back to weekly challenges now that the holiday are over!**

Link your creations to the CASology blog by Monday, 18 February at 9am (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Boat & sentiment from Wicked Nautical, Paint strokes from Positive Strokes) Paper Smooches
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko, (Sea Breeze, Turquoise, Tide Blue) Altenew
Markers:  (YR02, YR04, YR07, B39, E35) Copic
Gems:  Recollections

8 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I grew up on an island and have lived within 10 miles of the ocean except for one year. I couldn't be landlocked either, Jen. I love your ombre waves and contrasting orange sail! Terrific card!

lostinpaper said...

I am with you, I see the ocean everyday, although, generally there is not a lot of 'wave lapping' it can be more of a 'smash' really lol. (I live near surf beaches). Love your take on the wave cue and a cute combo of colours too Jen!

Shelly said...

Simply beautiful, Jen!
And I'm with you, I haven't ever lived in a 'landlocked' place before but I couldn't imagine doing so. lol Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it can be beautiful but I'm too much of a beach bum. As it is now, I'm only 15 min. from the beach but that seems long enough. lol Anything more, I'm not sure what I would do?! lol ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute and clever, Jen! Love your bright, fun color palette, too!

Lindsey said...

I love the paint stroke waves! And the boat - which the husb complains isn't very accurate-looking, but I use it anyway. :D

Bobby said...

There's my punny girl. The line up of blues is so soft and soothing, Jen. I can just imagine seeing the ocean everyday. We did winter in Gulf Shores Alabama for years, right on the gulf, and it was wonderful to listen to the waves lapping on the shores.

Kim S said...

LOVE the waves you created! We have had a little sailboat up in a mountain lake. Although it was our hull that was a reddish/orange - your sails really caught my eye with their color!

karen h said...

Wonderful card, Jen! Great colors, love the layered sea waves!