Monday, May 8, 2017

Flamingos & Unicorns


I've got two cards to share tonight.  First up is for the Simon Says Wednesday challenge - A Hint of Pink and the Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge.  A friend of mine gave me a few of these flamingos which are really cute and add some fun dimension to the design.  They also help to make for some quick and easy cards.  The hardest part was choosing the patterned paper!


Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Adrift 6x6) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Tickled Pink) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Die:  (Pierced circle) Lil' Inker Designs
Gems:  Recollections




Next is a card for the My Favourite Things sketch challenge (I flipped the sketch upside down) and  the CAS on Sunday challenge to use glitter or sequins.  I pulled out that fabulous rainbow glitter tape again.  I think this is going to be the first time I actually use up an entire roll of washi tape.  Now THAT is an accomplishment! 



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Bashful Blue, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Unicorn & sentiment from Magical Unicorns) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Die:  (Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame) My Favourite Things
Tape:  (Glitter rainbow) Duck Tape
Markers:  (R27, YR04, Y08, G14, B05, B29, V09, C1, C3, C5) Copic

8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Loving that fab flamingo and Unicorns are really making me happy at the moment, great share Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

These are cute Jen! I like the bright colors you used with the little unicorn!

Virginia L. said...

Love the fun designs! The glitter is awesome in this, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “A Hint of Pink” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Anita in France said...

Such a cute flamingo, Jen ... and that rainbow unicorn on his shimmery rainbow road is just adorable! Hugs, Anita :)

Lindsey said...

Your flamingo looks so good against the dark background! And that is one cute unicorn. But wait, washi tape actually ends at some point?

Susan said...

Terrific way to combine challenges! Love that glitter! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen fabulous cards!! Love both flamingos and unicorns!!

Lynn said...

Two adorable cards! I love that fun flamingo!