Saturday, February 13, 2016

Skipping Stones Tip/Technique Hop


Hi there!  Welcome to the monthly Skipping Stones Design Team Tip/Technique Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here from Ilina's blog.

Today I'm sharing a simple one layer card and showing how a sentiment can be the star of the show in your design.  Both the sentiment and the flip flops are from the You Know You're Gettin' Old Birthday set.  I love the cheeky sentiments in this set - they really make me giggle.  :D  I thought that the flip flops framed the sentiment perfectly and those stripes were just begging to be filled in with rainbow colours.  I added gems to the flip flops for a little sparkle and that was that!

Okay, time to get hopping.  You should now be heading on to Coralynn's blog.  If you get lost just head back to the Skipping Stones Design Blog to start or see the list below.  Be sure and leave comments along the way for the chance to be entered in the giveaway!  Also check out all the awesome stamp sets in the 
Skipping Stones store!

The Skipping Stones Design Blog
Ilina
Jen  <--- You are here!
Coralynn
Larissa
Martha Lucia

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink,
Stamps:  (Sentiment & flip flops from You Know You're Gettin' Old Birthday) Skipping Stones Design
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Markers: (Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry) Stamping' Up
Gems:  Recollections

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Love this card, Jen! And I'd love a pair of rainbow thongs like this! I have several pairs in different colours, but not all colours in one. ;-)

None None said...

Happy Saturday, Jen!!! This is an utterly fabulous card! I love the cheeky sentiment and the rainbow colored thongs you created. Super cool!!!

Ardyth said...

That is adorable! Love the rainbow and the fun sentiment! Our friends are in Bermuda right now - let me know if you run into them! lol!

Karen B. said...

Hee hee, that is really cute! Can't imagine wearing flip flops now, there is a foot of snow outside with negative 9 degrees~

Sandra (Sunny) said...

Oh, what a great, colourful card, Jen! Thanks for sharing!

Happy Dance said...

I tried the "other" thongs a couple of times when I was young and thin, but hated them!! I'll take panty lines any day, lol! What a great card; so fun and sass filled. Sweet rainbow thongs (the right kind)! Still chuckling! Bev

Lindsey said...

Now I want rainbow flip flops! :) Your card — and that sentiment — is awesome!

Teresa Doyle said...

So cute and I love the flip flops!

lostinpaper said...

Great rainbow 'thongs'... lol that's what we call them here.

Barb Turpin said...

Very cute! This is the first set I purchased from Skipping Stones Design. Love the way you colored the 'thongs' and left so much white space.

Indy's Designs said...

Oh how fun and colorful!

Emma Rose said...

That's a fun card :)

Joyce said...

This card just makes me smile. It's perfect.

Coralynn Murray said...

I love the colours of the flipflops! Sweet card.