Wednesday, November 4, 2015

One Layer Trees


I had a bit of time to work on Christmas cards today and I made a one layer card for the challenge at Just Us Girls.  I used some NBUS Lawn Fawn stamps, did a bit of masking for the sentiment and then added lots of bling.  The longest part of the process was deciding which green inks to use.  I think I might actually remake it with all green trees and then use red for the sentiment to make it pop a bit more.  I'll let you know how it turns out!  


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Stamps:  (Trees from Snow Day, Sentiment from Peace Joy Love) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Real Red, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Dies:  (Car) Taylored Expressions, (Flag) Reverse Confetti  
Gems:  Recollections  

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Well I'm surely feeling merry now! Really pretty, Jen ... love a one-layer card for mailing ...
=]

Anonymous said...

The mixture of greens you chose is very nice and the red trees add that pop of color for a nice effect! Love the card and will watch for 'take two'!
thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love your forest of trees...great colors. Love the different shades of green and the pop of red. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Lindsey said...

This is a brilliant design for a one layer card! I like the masking for the sentiment and the bright colours. And now I'll just go and pin this... ;)

Lisa Kind said...

I had to chuckle at your comment about choosing the right greens! I can so relate! Your card is simply lovely! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty and I love the way the sentiment breaks up a couple of the trees!

lostinpaper said...

Great stamping and a great card Jen!

Chris Dring said...

I'm so going to case this fabulous card! LOL! LOVE IT!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Happy Dance said...

Fun Christmas card! Love those little trees dressed in those reds and greens; very festive! Great masking, and I just might have to borrow this idea! Perfect one layer card. Love it! Bev

Hannelie said...

Stamped perfection!

Joyce said...

This is a wonderful design and perfectly stamped.