Thursday, October 24, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #51


Welcome to Week 51 of CAS(E) This Sketch!  Take a look at this week's sketch by N@ Ali:


This was a last minute creation for me as I really struggled with this sketch.  In the end I got pretty liberal with it.  I moved the images to the bottom of the card and I imagined the plane and sentiment banner as one piece.  Lots of NBUS happening here - I got to use some ancient Scenic Route alpha stickers and ink up that PTI Santa for the first time.  I also used some sequins I found during a clean out session.  They've been in a drawer for about 5 years - for once I could have been ahead of a trend and I missed my chance!  LOL!  :D

Now it's time for you to skedaddle over to the CAS(E) This Sketch page and check out the gorgeousness from the DT and then play along!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Basic Grey, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Santa from Tremendous Treats: Christmas) Papertrey Ink
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Stickers:  Scenic Route
Markers:  (R29, YR00, 100) Copic

16 comments:

Ardyth said...

This is FANTASTIC! Love everything about it!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww... this is so CUTE Jen :)

Lindsey said...

Oh how I love that little Santa. :) Perfect card.

Lynn said...

Well I think that Santa is adorable and a great take on the sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

Darnell said...

I love your adorable take on the sketch, Jen! Plus, your comment about finding sequints that were five years old really karacked me up!! I so know how that feels!! Hugs, Darnell

Jessi Fogan said...

It's like fashion...you hang on to something long enough, it will always come back into fashion ;) Look at bell bottoms! Next thing it'll be overalls :P
I love how this turned out - the grey base really makes it all pop!

Julia Aston said...

Your cute santa and fun seniment look great against the gray card!

Chrissy Larson said...

This is ridiculously cute, Jen! Got to love being able to pull together a card with things that have been hanging around waiting to be used...especially when it turns out this nice!

Betty said...

So awesome. I love the color combination.

donna mikasa said...

I struggled with this sketch, too! LOVE your liberal take on it--that large BELIEVE is awesome!

lostinpaper said...

What a fab 'liberal' take on the sketch, the grey background works perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the sketch, Jen ... gorgeously graphic and cute at the same time! Those sequins were a fantastic find! Anita :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deepti said...

This is the cutest Santa :) Jen u r sooo amazing in creating cute cards, I adore ur creations

Joyce said...

This is super fun.