Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Make Me Smile


After only working part time for the last year and a half I'd forgotten how exhausting it is to be at the vet's full time.  My shortest day at work this week was 11 hours and by Friday night all I wanted to do was dive into bed as soon as I got home!  LOL!  Next week won't be quite as bad but still more hours than usual.  I'm looking forward to the end of the month when we have a four day weekend and I can really catch up on some crafting and some blog hopping.  Whoop whoop!  


I wanted to get a card in for ColourQ this week and I also wanted to break out my Critters Down Under stamps from Lawn Fawn.  That croc is so cute and seems content just to hang out with his kookaburra buddy (and not to swallow him whole!).  Since there are four layers here (thanks to the matting and fiddly paper piecing) I'm also going to enter this over at the Young Crafters Unite Many Layers challenge.  Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Crocodile & kookaburra from Critters Down Under, Border from Belinda's Borders, Sentiment from Hellos Friend) Lawn Fawn
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (More Mustard, Chocolate Chip) Stampin' Up
Die:  (X-Cut Speech Bubbles) DoCrafts
Punch:  (Corner punch) Marvy Uchida

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

11+ hour days...that's crazy:(

Love your card...and what a fab teamie that bird and croc are:)

JJ Bolton said...

I feel for you Jen! 11 hour+ shifts are not fun:( Hope you get some well deserved down time next week!

And your card just makes me smile! I just got a bunch of new Lawn Fawn sets and *sigh* love em! Your paper pieced croc and bird are too cute:) And the speech bubble is perfect! Is that a die cut? So cool!

Enjoy the day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute cute Jen, so fun. Try to get some rest this week.

Joyce said...

So very sweet. I love it that the croc and bird can be friends.

Darnell said...

This is just adorable, Jen! It would make anybody smile!

I'm sorry you are working like a dog at the vets (can't help myself) and I hope you get to go off-leash soon! Hang in there until then!

None None said...

Love this! So cute and an unlikely pair of buds! I will have to check out Lawn Fawn stamps ASAP!

Hope this week at work isn't as long as last week was. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Jay Gee said...

I feel your pain with work Jen :) Your card is so cute - love that Kookaburra.

lostinpaper said...

super fun CAS design Jen! I really *need* this set myself!

Jessi Fogan said...

This set is so adorable - I just love that croc! And 11 hour days...yuck. That's what Rob works, pretty much. It's gross. Takes forever to recover after working shifts like that, too. Hope despite that you get some crafty time in there somewhere :)

Lynn said...

That is a lot of hours...you deserve a big old rest! I have been off for the last four days...but think I need to go back to work for rest :)! Baseball just officially ended today! I love it despite being exhausted.

Oh my...is that crocodile so so cute...love the little line he is on...so fun Jen!

Unknown said...

Gosh, I hope this weekend has been less crazy for you! I love this card! There he is, mr. Croc, with his toothbrush friend! Have you ever heard of the children's book "Bill and Pete" ? It's a story about a crocodile and his toothbrush bird, Pete. Bill and Pete end up stopping a crocodile smuggler that is just trapping crocodiles for their skins. Very cute story with a very good message! :) So glad you joined us at ColourQ this week, Jen! :)

Unknown said...

Thopse are some long days. Glad you were able to find time to join us at the ColourQ this week...super cute card.

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Jen, what a fun way to use the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card.

Maureen Morton said...

So sorry you are working so hard...take care of yourself! Guess it keeps you out of trouble, eh? Love these cute critters...great use of the colors (which, to me, are a bit odd - don't tell!). Have a good one and get some shut-eye!

Lindsey said...

Working full time? That's no good! :P That croc does look happy, doesn't he? Such a sweet card, Jen.

Karen B. said...

This card makes me smile, I really like the grounding that you did too!

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

oh my gosh this is so cute, AND with animals i can recognise! think of the vets bill you have coming up, at least all the extra hours will help with that ;)

Jenny said...

Whoa....I'm time travelling back one week to play catch up!!!
You know I love this croc and kookabura is very brave perched there :0) Love the border as the groundline..... great idea :0)
Jenny x

Helen F. said...

Can't tell you are working 11 hour days making such an adorable card, Jen. All I would want to do is sleep!