Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Celebration


Hi there!  Popping in with a red, white and blue celebration card for the colour challenge at Just Us Girls.  I love this skyline stamp from Paper Smooches and it looks great embossed.  And yes, there was an embossing powder incident this time.  Tip of the Day:  Put the lid on your embossing powder BEFORE you blow the excess powder off of your card!  *Sigh*  One day, drama-free embossing sessions will become the norm!  


Thank you so much for all your good wishes for Jem.  He's being a little trouper and enjoying his private swimming sessions with Luis every evening while I walk Atticus.  He's finding ways to entertain himself too.  I caught him lolling around on his bed throwing his toy in the air and catching it.  He's also taken to grabbing Atticus by the hock whenever he walks by Jem's bed in a desperate bid to start some wrestling!  :)  My funny boy...


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Night of Navy) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Skyline and fireworks from Metropolis, Sentiment from Pretty Phrases) Paper Smooches

Inks: (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Riding Hood Red) Stampin' Up


Embossing Powder:  (Seafoam White) Ranger
Punch:  (Corner punch) Marvy Uchida
Gems:  (Ladybug assortments) Doodlebug

23 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad to hear that Jem is being a good invalid, and that you are a lifelong learner when it comes to embossing powder. :D Great card -- the night sky looks amazing!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. Perfect for July 4th.

Lynn said...

I think we need to take you to "embossers anonymous" :) I just don't use it!!! But I always love when you do. This card is FABULOUS!!! So glad you could play with us at Just Us Girls!

Darnell said...

What an awesome, unique card! Thanks for reminding me about "Just Us Girls." I've heard of that before, but have forgotten about it and as it happens, I just posted a card tonight that I think I can link to JUGS, too. (I love that name!)

lostinpaper said...

Great use of the challenge colours! Oh, the joys of embossing powder..... better luck next time!

Jessi Fogan said...

Well now, Lindsey's comment made me giggle ;) Lifelong learner indeed! Every time I use white EP I think of you, my dear. I really love the fireworks with the gem centres!
I'm having fun picturing Jem throwing his own toys...I've seen Abby do that too - interspersed with looks of "fine, I don't need you anyway!" and those funny groans of whining. I bet Luis is enjoying the swimming too ;)

Karen B. said...

Cool card! And fine embossing skills!

~amy~ said...

awesome card...I think the embossing powder loves drama....

Maureen Morton said...

Great card; greater story! Always a smile hiding in this neck of the woods. Glad that Jem is doing as best as he can.....he is lucky to have you guys!

Ardyth said...

Great card! Don't worry, embossing is always an adventure for me, too - glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Brandi said...

So cool! I love the firecracker bursts!

Virginia L. said...

Absolutely perfect, Jen! The color combo is awesome for a 4th of July card! I am always extra careful with embossing powder because I am such a klutz. It's not fun to have a spill/blow over...so I hear ya!

Emily Keaton said...

Totally fun! I love those sweet fireworks. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your card, Jen! The embossing is amazing.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Jen! Sorry it has been awhile. I have been sorting through all my bookmarks & have found a few favs I had been neglecting! Love this card! The colours are fabbo & I love the white stamping! Hugs xxx

Virginia L. said...

Yippee, Jen!!!Congrats on your July Paper Smooch guest design spot!! LOVE your yummy coffee card! So happy for your well-deserved recognition!

Glenda J said...

Super fun card and congrats on being Guest Designer over at Paper Smooches!

Michelle said...

Great card! I'm sorry, but I giggled out loud when I read your tip about putting the lid back on the embossing powder! (I've done that,too!) And I love the description of Jem throwing his toy up for himself. :-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun, clean card! Congrats on your win over at JUGS!

JJ Bolton said...

Such a cute card! Perfect for a red/white/blue theme!

Congrats on your win and your GD @ Paper Smooches!!! You go girl:)

Hugs to Jem:)

Jenny said...

Now that looks I've some firework show going on !!!
Love how you've used the colours Jen :0)
Jenny x

Kirsty, New Zealand said...

LOVE this, the white looks so awesome with the blue ... perfect for summer night fireworks! so pleased jem is dealing with the injury so well:)

JenMarie said...

I so love this!