Saturday, September 1, 2018

Milk, Fish and Apples


Hey there!

I've got two cards to share this evening.  First up is for the CAS Colours & Sketches and Simon Says Wednesday challenges.  Katzelkraft has so many awesome images - cats, dogs, birds, and more!  I love the fact that the drawing style works so well with the Tim Holtz Crazy Cats, Dogs and Birds images.  The hat, milk bottle and fish are TH and I thought they were perfect for this kitty dreaming of birthday treats.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Flirty Flamingo, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Smokey Slate, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Cat from Les Chats Russes) Katzelkraft, (Hat from Mini Bird Crazy & Things, Fish & milk from Mini Cats & Dogs) Tim Holtz, (Sentiment from Smitten Kitten) My Favourite Things
Ink:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Speech bubble) XCut
Markers:  (RV13, C1) Copic
Gems:  Recollections



This next card is for Freshly Made Sketches, Addicted to CAS (code word Apples) and Just Add Ink (Just Add Texture).  I don't make shaker cards too often but I love this shaker apple set from Lil' Inker Designs.  It was easy to put together although I think I may have overfilled it somewhat...  Whoops.  Still getting the hang of this shaker game!  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches and I used a corrugated strip after seeing the awesome corrugated waves on my friend Claire's adorable shark card.  I actually managed to dig out my old Fiskars crimper and ran some cardstock through it for some fun texture.  Thanks for the reminder, Claire! 






Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Falling For You) Paper Smooches
Ink:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Apple) Lil' Inker Designs
Other:  (Microbeads) Recollections
Gems:  Recollections

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

Nicely done! I don't own any Katzelkraft stamps yet, although I was fortunate enough to have a friend stamp and send me some. They are awesome, aren't they? And you're right, perfect with TH accessories! Love your CAS shaker apple card, too! (Did you know the Snarky Stampers are featuring apples right now?)

Doni High said...

Love shaker cards and your apple card is terrific! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

lostinpaper said...

Both of your cards are fabulous Jen, I adore a shaker and Love your fun cartoon style cat card, but it's the party hat that truly makes my day though lol.

Barb Ghig said...

Your kitty cat card is so cute and I love your shaker, Jen! I'll bet it's very sparkly in person, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Denita Wright-Smee said...

Such a fun shaker card, Jen. Thankyou for adding your creation to our Just Add Ink #424 gallery. D x

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Jen! Your apple shaker looks wonderful and works perfectly for the sketch! Always happy to see you at FMS.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your cards are so wonderful - love them both!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Patricia Hays said...

Two great cards here! The shaker adds a fun touch to the apple card. Your kitty cat card is what brought me to your blog today. Such a cute image! I'll have to search out Katzelkraft. I like the color scheme you chose; it makes your card purrfectly suitable for a guy or a gal of any age. Thanks so much for making CC&S part of your crafting time! :)

Jeanne said...

Love this card. Your cat looks so intense thinking about the fish and milk. I know a couple of kitties like that!! LOL. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

This is just a bit cute Jen! Love the shaker element and fun sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Such a fun card! Great job with the sketch and I love the colors!

anja curvers said...

Both cards are awesome, but I love the apple shaker card. Glad you joined us over at ATCAS.