Saturday, September 29, 2018

Floral Duo


Hello there!

I've got two cards to share with you this evening.  First up is for the Freshly Made Sketches and Colour Throwdown challenges.  These Tall Blooms stamps are some of my favourite from Reverse Confetti.  I coloured them with Copics and die cut them.  I added a little twine bow to the middle bloom and popped it up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from Altenew.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Bermuda Bay, Smokey Slate, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Flowers & leaves from Tall Blooms) Reverse Confetti, (Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Ink:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Tall Blooms) Reverse Confetti
Markers:  (YG03, YG23, BG01, BG15) Copic
Twine:  Darice
Gems:  Recollections



My next card was inspired by Michelle W over at the Muse challenge.  I adhered pretty closely to Michelle's layout & colour combo but added extra stripes and used die cut flower and leaves instead of stamped ones.



Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Black & White Stripes 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Birthday Greetings) Altenew
Ink:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko
Dies:  (Fantasy Floral) Altenew
Gems:  Recollections

11 comments:

Karren said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous, Jen! Your three leaf sprays work beautifully for the sketch and your red flower really pops against the striped paper.

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Jen! Love your take on my card!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! Those flowers are so pretty and your colouring is amazing! Nice bright and cheery colours! Love the clean background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Ardyth said...

Oh WOW! I love both of these! That die cut rose on the grey leaves is absolutely stunning! So great to see you at Muse this week, Jen!

Aileen said...

Wow love both of these Jen. So eye-catching and another beautiful creation made with Altenew layered florals.

Carole Campanile said...

Lovely cards. The diecut rose looks wonderful with the gray leaves and the offset panel with the stripes really captures of the feel of the Muse challenge card! TFS.

Cat Craig said...

Your red card is a fabulous take on the Muse.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the way you combined the throwdown colors with the sketch in this beautiful design! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Enna said...

I love the simplicity of this. CAS designs are not my friends, since ink smears love to follow me around. I find great execution on CAS cards to be so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

lostinpaper said...

I finally bought the floral fantasy die and I am sure that it was your fault that I 'needed' it and now you have reminded me why (again). Hugs and thanks for the inspiration Jen!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Just beautiful cards.