Sunday, June 11, 2017

Two Flowers


Hi there!  We finally got some much needed rain today which not only was reason to celebrate but also made for a perfect excuse to get in some crafty time.  I've got two cards for three challenges.  First up I used the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and took inspiration from Anita's card at Muse.  I love the drama Anita's black flowers against the red background pattern.  It's bold and fabulous!  I used some Authentique papers for the two panels on the sketch, heat embossed and fussy cut the Altenew flower and added some Nuvo dots around the Altenew sentiment.















Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Carefree Collection 6x6) Authentique
Stamps:  (Flower from Hennah Elements, Sentiment from Many Thanks) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Other:  (Nuvo White & Oyster Grey Crystal Drops) Tonic



This card uses the colours from CAS Colours & Sketches.  I happened to have the Soft Sky die cut square on my desk so decided to try and use it for the challenge.  I used a Calypso Coral marker to add some subtle detail to the Essentials by Ellen flower petals.  I also die cut some extra outlines to put behind the square for a bit of interest.  I'm pretty sure this idea was in my head because I've seen it on someone's blog recently but I cannot remember who's or when it was.  If anyone knows please let me know so I can link to them!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Bazzill, (Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Sentiment from Bejeweled) Altenew
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukeniko
Die:  (Flower from Wild Garden) Essentials by Ellen, (Wonky Stitched Square) My Favourite Things
Marker:  (Calypso Coral) Stampin' Up
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections

17 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Jen, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Both of your cards are fabulous. The plaid paper is WOW and the flower with the white embossing on black is perfect. Love the color combination and the clean look of your second card.

Cathy P said...

What an adorable inlaid flower on your second card! Such a great CAS design. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S. Hugs, Cathy

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely cards Jen!!

Karen B. said...

I'd say time well spent indeed! Fabulous cards!

lostinpaper said...

It's been raining here the last couple of days too, very needed as well (as we had very little rain last Summer which is technically our wet season), but me, I prefer the sun lol. ps love your beautiful designs Jen, the red die cut flower panel is uber cool!

Jane said...

Super use of the CC&S colours. Thanks for playing along.

Lynn said...

You know how much I love floral cards and these are no exception. the inlaid dies on the second one are fabulous and I love the patterned paper on the first!

Estelle TBT said...

Wow!!! Two fabulous cards Jen!
Elegant and clean design!
Great take on Anita's card.

Neets B said...

Two floral delights, Jen. Love the mix of die cuts on your second card, and that hennah elements bloom looks great against the plaid background.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Ardyth said...

Love how that flower looks on black paper - it's such a simple and yet 'out of the box' idea! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Beverley said...

Two stunning cards. I am loving the layout of your second card and the detail you added to the flower die cut is stunning. Beautiful use of the challenge colours and lovely to see you joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful cards! Love those flowers and the fabulous background paper! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Patricia Hays said...

Your second card is what brought me here today. I really like the clever way you've used the die outlines to make the background behind the focal square. I also like the marker detailing you've given the big bold blossom and the faux stitching. Thanks for sharing your card at CC&S! :)

Your first card is great too - I wouldn't have thought to stamp a flower in black, but it looks fantastic with the plaid paper!

Kim S said...

Fabulous look with the plaid behind the black flower! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

karen h said...

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Your card is wonderful! Love that you were able to use a left-over...I have a box of left-over stuff that I really should start trying to use! Great use of the colors!

Anita in France said...

These are both fabulous, Jen ... the first bold and dramatic with the black bloom against the plaid, the second soft and pretty with that lovely inset flower! Hugs, Anita :)