Monday, June 26, 2017

Trio of Critters


Hi there!  Not only did I have some unexpected crafty time today but my mojo was also very cooperative!  Yaaaasssss to the mojo!  So I have 3 cards to share starting with this cute Stampers Anonymous pooch.  I based the layout on CAS(E) This Sketch and the patterned paper makes it eligible for the Simon Says Wednesday challenge.  I'm also going to play along with the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday.














Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Night of Navy Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (June Bug 12x12) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Dog from Crazy Dogs, Hat from Crazy Things) Stampers Anonymous, (Sentiment from Offbeat Birthday) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Speech bubble) XCut, (Wonky Stitched Rectangle) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (R17, R22, Y06, E33, E35, E37, C5, C7) Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig



This next card is for the Just Add Ink sketch challenge.  This Whimsy Stamps elephant is so cute and I love his little party hat.  I found the card base in a pile of extra stuff on my desk.  If you look closely it's been decorated with an old PTI impression plate and it seemed like the perfect pattern for a party!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Smokey Slate) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Sweet Celebration 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (All from Sketched Elephants) Whimsy Stamps
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black Tsukeniko
Dies:  (Wonky Stitched Rectangle) My Favourite Things
Impression Plate:  (Sunshine) Papertrey Ink
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Gems:  Recollections



Finally is a card for the My Favourite Things sketch challenge.  This is the only cat from this particular stamp set that I hadn't inked up so I thought it was time he get his moment in the sun.  I kept thinking it needed a little something else but now I'm glad I left it as a simple layered design.  

That's it for today.  See you tomorrow for CASology!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Island Indigo, Smokey Slate, Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Calm & Cozy Chevron 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (All from Cat-itude) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Dies:  (Stitched Round Rectangle) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (R20, YR16, Y38, BG09) Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Other:  (Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops) Tonic

13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Totally cute cards Jen! Love the expression on the pup's face in the first one. It's so perfect with that sentiment!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh yes, I can see your mojo is on tip top form.
3 terrific cards in one day.
Meanwhile, it's taken me 3 days to make one card!!
Drawn to the doggy card as usual - super cute.
xxx

KimB said...

These are all lovely cards Jen. That elephant is adorable and I just love his party hat! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful collection of cowards Jen! Your elephant card is adorable and I love your combination of background swirls and the stripes on the DSP to create a festive atmosphere too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

lostinpaper said...

Critters always make me happy, these are all so wonderful Jen!

Anonymous said...

These are all lovely animal images. The Rose Red card is lovely and vibrant. Chantell Just Add Ink

Anonymous said...

All three cards are just spectacular Jen! Love the way you've added the pattern papers to each of them, and the critters all look adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday challenge!
xx Ashwini

Lindsey said...

You rocked these critters! Although elephant and critter don't really seem to go together, do they? :P

Gayatri said...

Great use of pattern papers. Makes the focal elements pop. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Patterned Paper challenge. Gayatri xx

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute cards, Jen!

Anita in France said...

Cute party pooch, Jen ... adorable little elephant ... and that cool, funky cat ... brilliant, so fun! Hugs, Anita :)

Aileen said...

Wonderful cards, All three, nothing better than critter cards. Perfect

Bobby said...

These are all so great, Jen. I love the look on the pooches face - perfect with the sentiment. You did all three sketches proud.