Tuesday, June 6, 2017

CASology #252


Welcome to Week 252 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I challenged myself not go the obvious butterfly route for my card but in the end I got this idea in my head and couldn't shake it.  Really though, who can resist a pretty butterfly card?  I'm sure that butterflies and flowers make up 80% of my stamp images so I might as well use them right?  Bees and spiders can wait for another day...

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design team then play along!




This week's guest designer:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).

I'm also entering this card in the current CAS(E) This Sketch challenge.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured white) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Lucky Limeade) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (Butterfly from Up The Happy) Essentials by Ellen, (Sentiment from Geometric Greenery) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Markers:  (R37, R35, R22, YR07, YR16, Y38, Y17, Y08, Y06) Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
Other:  (Nuvo Ebony Black Crystal Drops) Tonic
SaveSave

13 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Now I like me some buttery-flies. Your middle one reminds me of the monarchs I've been seeing on the lilac bushes around here as of late, and they always make me smile. I'm glad you went with them and not a (ewww....) centipede or something else creepy-crawlie! This is beautiful. CAS with just the sentiment, the butterflies, and those just right dots. GREAT card. xoxo Bev

lostinpaper said...

I hear you, sometimes I just have to make the card that is in my brain, cause I can't focus on anything else until it's done lol. and who would ever complain about butterflies, there is no such thing as too many, love it Jen!

Nora Noll said...

I love that you used the butterflies for this. The colors are so bright and happy. Great take on the challenge!!

Lisa Elton said...

Nobody can resist a pretty butterfly card!! This is delightful Jen!

I Card Everyone said...

Well that does it... you use the butterflies, Joyce uses the dragonflies... I'm all out of stamp-able bugs... but I'm happy just to look at your beauties!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

I love thi! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Claire Grantham said...

Great card Jen, I love the splatters / enamel dots? I had originally considered Butterflies..but went with a mix of 'insects' instead. Cx

Jacquie Southas said...

The design balance on this card is just perfect, Jen! Love the ombre colors of your butterflies!

Bobby said...

I was scouring my stamps looking for insects other than butterflies and didn't find much. But you're right, Jen, butterflies do make great cards.

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch--love that EH butterfly!

Karen B. said...

The arrangement of these butterflies is perfection, they are truly going to float off your card!

Trina P. said...

Simply beautiful. The bees and spiders can definitely wait. 😂

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Lovely shaded trio of butterflies! Just delightfully light.